Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
larryc

Maytag MER5555QCW oven (bake and broil) doesn't work

12 posts in this topic

Maytag MER5555QCW range - oven doesn't work, but the top stoves function properly. the bake element was replaced and the vroil element was checked for resistance and seemed to be ok. after turning on the bake/broil, the indicating light was not on. there's no power in the receptacles connecting to both bake/broil elements.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

normally that one is re-settable... (press red button)

have you used Self-Clean lately ? :nono:

I did not use self clean recently. However, when the bake was used, there's an "explosion" in the oven and smoke was full of oven. After that, both broil & bake don't work. The bake element was burned out (broken) and the broil element seems to be ok (om reading about 20). After the new bake element was installed, the light on the control panel was not lighting even the bake or broil was turned on. there're some clicking noise from the control unit (for digital clock, bake, broil, clean ...). checked the wire connecting to the elements and found there seem to be not power.

I suspected it might be the Hi Limit Switch problem. Just not sure how to check and confirm that's the problem. Do I have to replace it or it can be reset as you suggested. How to reset?

Really appreciate your expertise and help.

normally that one is re-settable... (press red button)

HI guys, I cannot find this switch. Nothing really looks like the one showed. Please help me out to find where it's located. Appreciate your help.

You'll find it affixed to the back panel, under the center piece.

from the 16025644.pdf Service Manual:

Oven High Limit

NOTE: Requires removal of oven from installation position.

1. Turn off power to unit.

2. Remove lower rear access panel.

It seems that there's no such switch (Hi Limit) in this range looks like the one in the picture you posted. I checked the the wire connecting power terminal to the control panel, which is good and having power supply of 240 V. When I checked the wire (out from the control panel to the bake/broil elements), it was found there's no power out even from the control panel to the elements. After removing the wires (black on the circuit board), I checked the continuity of the them. There's no continuity between the power in (supply) and outs (to both bake and broil element). I guess there's something wrong between the power in and out on the integrated circuit board. In this case, do I have to replace the control board? Thank you.

... do I have to replace the control board?

yes, bad Controller, IF you have 240v at the Controller Board from the big RED wire to the big BLACK wire

When the Bake Element "exploded", it may have taken out a Relay or two, and part of the Controller printed circuit.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1795917

00913096.jpg

After replacing the control panel, do I still need to reset the Hi Limit Switch (thermstat)?

After replacing the control panel, do I still need to reset the Hi Limit Switch (thermstat)?

you said you don't have one ...

DO you have 240v at the Controller Board from the big RED wire to the big BLACK wire