Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher & Paykel washer GWL10US

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Diverhound

Diverhound

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Corona

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

My washer is about 11 yrs old and this morning a very light load was put in and the washer was started. Everything was working normal then after about 3 ro 4 minutes the washer shut off like it didn't have any power. Pushed the button on the control pannel and it would not start. Checked the plug in and power was good, machine was plugged in fine. After about 4 or 5 minutes I tried the machine again and it started like normal, only to shut off again in a few minutes like before. I checked the green ground wire that comes out the back of the control pannel and it was attached firm. The machine in a few minutes would start again but as usual it shuts down after a few minutes. Called F&P, they could not help. Any suggestions would be appreciated...:thanks:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

Bad pump. The pump has thermal overheat protection. GWL10 has the pump as part of the main power circuit, so if it trips-out on overload, the machine goes dead until the pump motor protector cools and resets.

Changing the pump is easy. No tools needed. Get access under the machine. Remove the wires from the pump. Find a plastic latch on the pump mounting bracket. Hold the latch released and rotate the entire pump counterclockwise to detach it from the bracket. Lubricate the rubber seal face around the impeller with liquid detergent to facilitate rotating it into place when remounting.

GWL10 pump is specific to that model, Part Number 420324P (or 420324P-D). SearsPartsDirect.com or FisherPaykelParts.net (compare prices at both sources, and/or search for other sources).

Edited by DADoESTX, 29 May 2011 - 08:20 AM.

#3 Diverhound

Diverhound

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the information. The description of the reset fits with what I'm seeing. Also thanks for the parts information.

#4 Diverhound

Diverhound

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

FYI for anyone else. Always check but the price through Fisher & Paykel was nearly double the price through Sears. Let's just hope this takes care of the job!!

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

Didn't know S***s carried FP parts. Good to know!

#6 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

Per the Company Info on their site FisherPaykelParts.net is an independent business, not owned or operated by F&P.

SearsPartsDirect has carried F&P parts for several years ... at least 5 years. I think I've mentioned that in previous posts, and I think others have mentioned it as well.

I believe F&P does sell parts and accessories directly but I don't know how the prices compare.

#7 Diverhound

Diverhound

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

When you go on Sears website, they have a reasonably large variety of FP parts. I cannot recall where I found out about them carrying FP parts but I have purchased some other stuff from them in the past.

#8 Diverhound

Diverhound

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

Just to say thank you to everyone that posted replys on this problem for me. The pump came in today, a day early and it worked right away. Once again thanks!!:woohoo:

#9 shawnharper

shawnharper

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

I have this washer (great machine, by the way).

I'm trying to convert to a laundry to landscape setup, but that requires I make some mods to the drain tube on the back of the washer.  There is what appears to be a mounting adapter on on the back that I'm assuming allows me to change the tubing type (from "corrugated" to a smooth-wall but I can't figure out how to get that panel off (without breaking things).  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Shawn

#10 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

the drain hose is fixed dont muck around with it

im not sure what you mean by landscape setup ??

#11 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

i think he means he wants to pump his wash water out into his landscaping around his house

#12 Vets Appliance

Vets Appliance

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Caffeine

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Parts through F&P are far cheaper than S***s.

Call 888 936-7872. Choose option 4 to talk to a rep. Order them over the phone.

You can, however, use S***s' lookup system to see the diagrams. That way you'll know what to ask for... if your phone, tablet or laptop doesn't choke on the massively bloated S***s website.

And if you can chisel your way down through all the popups trying to get to you talk to one of their salesmen.

Edited by ScottsApplianceRepar, 13 March 2013 - 07:59 PM.

Me: "Why are my customers always so happy to see me arrive but then say they hope to not see me again anytime soon?"
Joe Customer: "Because we have to pay you to leave."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics