Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag SuperStack stacked washer/dryer (MLG2000AWW)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 zoegirl

zoegirl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Flavorite? or Favorite? bland - folgers breakfast blend

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

I just bought a used Maytag SuperStack (MLG2000AWW) and I was told the washer & dryer doors are both reversible. I reversed the dryer without problem, but the washer has little white vertical insets on the side opposite the old hinge positions and I can't seem to remove them to put them on the other side. PS I don't respond too well to being told I can't do something I want to do and have ALWAYS, at least with things, believed nothing is impossible. Can you tell me how to do this? Thank you.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

Directions for reversing the washer door:
1. Swing door fully open and support it while removing four hinge screws (which hold hinges to door assembly).
2. Set door aside and transfer four color matched door screws to the opposite side of the door assembly.
3. Remove one screw holding top hinge to cabinet and one screw holding top hinge cover to cabinet (opposite side).
4. Remove hinge and bracket from cabinet by moving them up and down to a position where they are released.
5. Install hinge and bracket in swapped locations and drive screws to attach them securely to the cabinet.
6. Compare top hinge and top bracket to bottom hinge and bottom bracket for correct assembly position.
7. Repeat procedures 4 through 6 for bottom hinge to cabinet and bottom bracket to cabinet.
8. Support door in fully open position on hinge side and drive four screws to secure attach hinges to door assembly.
9. Close door and check to see that clothes washer operates properly.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 zoegirl

zoegirl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

OK, well, that's what I thought, which is why I was wondering why those hinge covers were so GOSH DARN HARD to remove from their slots, but I got 'em out. In the meantime, I've taken the front panel off of the washer and have been cleaning all the parts and have come across to minor questions I hope you won't mind answering:
1) On the inside front panel there are two 2' lengths of double faced tape spaced about 12" apart. They're pretty dirty and I can't see what function they serve so can I remove them?
2) While vacuuming out the cabinet bottom I found a radiator clamp just lying there, I can't see where it may have come from so am wondering if I should just assume that at some point someone worked on the machine and inadvertently left it behind? (kind of like the surgeon and the sponge in the operating room)

PS Thank you!

ooops, sorry, I meant two questions and radiator hose clamp. thanks

#4 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

Tape is for noise dampening and the clamp as you said is probably from a previous repair. I would double check the hoses to ensure they have their clamps.
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#5 zoegirl

zoegirl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

Ok, so this may seem odd, but how would cellophane tape, sticky on both sides, aid in noise dampening and could I replace the dirty tape with two strips of any kind of tape?
And, again, thank you.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

As professional Appliantologists, one of the cardinal rules is, "Never, ever substitute non-spec products for spec ones." For you, this means that unless you can find a tape with same adhesion, temperature, and flame resistant properties, don't use use it. And you don't substitute unless you know what the specs are. Therefore, you use only OEM replacement parts. Period. End of line.

Now, you could leave the tape off altogether. Not a problem with that. But I would NOT substitute the tape with another kind without knowing anything about the spec. It's a case of "not knowing what you don't know."

#7 zoegirl

zoegirl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

Arigatō

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

How to reverse the door on a Maytag Neptune washer

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 28 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

Directions for reversing the washer door:
1. Swing door fully open and support it while removing four hinge screws (which hold hinges to door assembly).
2. Set door aside and transfer four color matched door screws to the opposite...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics