Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE WCVH6800JWW washer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JWMD

JWMD

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

I have a GE WCVH6800JWW (a front loader), about two years old. No matter what cycle I put it on (delicates, whites, normal, etc) the washer will over fill to the half way point then fully drain. It then acts as if the cycle is complete (most likely a safety cut-off issue to prevent too much filling).

What has been done so far:
The flow regulator, aka water pressure switch, has been replaced by a repairman. Didn't solve the problem.

The control board was replaced by the repairman. Didn't solve the problem.

Repairman is trying to call GE to get some help. So I went internet hunting and found this sight.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for your time.

JWMD

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

Check the integrity of the black hose leading to the pressure switch off the bottom of the tub...should be air-tight, no holes or perforations.
also, blow from the switch back down to the point where it connects to the tub to clear any possible clogs or other obstructions...

Edited by KurtiusInterupptus, 31 May 2011 - 01:04 PM.

As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 JWMD

JWMD

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

Kurt...
You Sir are a mad genius. I detached the rubber hose and there was no blockage. In order to check tube integrity I filled the kitchen sink with water, submerged the tube, blocked off one end and blew into the other end. Lo and behold bubbles came out of at the midpoint of the tubes length. After closer inspection, I discovered that area of the tube had been rubbed, mostly likely by the tub body during multiple off-balance spin cycles, and had formed a pinhole. I patched it up with duct tape, reattached the tube and it worked.

I shouted for sweet victory. Anybody else here do that after fixing an appliance that has had you baffled for weeks? I wonder what the repair man will say!

I thank you greatly for your help, and this website is now my first stop for appliance help.

JWMD

#4 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

The repair guy should feel like a fool. Thats one of the first things he should have checked. Expensive lesson but a lesson learned.

#5 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:57 AM

Glad you found it...just had that issue last week on a WP...
And I agree with santa...you have been victimized by the infamous" parts changing monkey" repair technician (loose usage of the term, for sure)
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

Recent blog entries on this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics