Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

a669934

Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6400SW2

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washing machine, it recently started making a sound as if there was loose change inside it, it now stopped working and gives an F-50 code. Anyone knows the fix for this?

thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I have removed the agitator inside, it led nowhere, I'm unable to see if there is something stuck inside, anyone knows how to access the pump?

To access the pump, tape the lid shut and gently lower the washer onto the front panel. From there you can access the pumps and motor. The back panel also comes off, several screws so you can see inside the outer tub.

hey thanks for that, after checking the pump, i did not find anything inside it or blocking it, the error F-50 still comes up, any info as to what needs replacing?

thanks

If the basket turns freely by hand replace main control board

Might be a dime or two rattling around the pump. remove the inner basket and then remove the pump inlet lid an check.

I did a service call on one of these about a year ago that had the f-50 code customer got mad at whirlpool called them up and whirlpool told her there was a rework on that code and they paid for parts and labor whirlpool also called me check with whirlpool and it was the main board

hi, I called Whirlpool yesterday and they did not mention anthing about a recall or rework, they did offer a service tech visit, but it was not free. I have done a manual troubleshooting on the unit and still comes with the F-50 error. This error is refered to as a motor stalled failure. will the computer do this type of failure?

thanks

yes u need a main board

Hi, is there a way to test the main board or harness cables to the motor, all the tests indicate a stalled motor; will the main board cause this?

thanks

If you become a member of our elite, secret society you can receive the sacred sought after service manual.:thumbsup: