Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Mini-Split HVACs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 emm

emm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

I live in a story and half concrete slab home, about 2400 heated/cooled square feet. HVAC went out three years ago and we have been heating cooling with two 100 dollar window units and heating with space heaters.

My exterior walls are 2x6, with a 10 12 pitch roof.

I installed the orignal system, conventional heat pump and it lasted for 13 years.

I built the house and want something we can install and take care of and don't want any thing in the attic--I'm now a para and can't get in the atic to fix anything.

So, I been studying the mini split units and and thinking about them but need a little input as to what you folks think...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:26 PM

The Mini split systems I hear bad things about. You would be better off getting something like a Lennox with a solar power assisted condenser fan. Atta boy Dave.
"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#3 ACtechGUY

ACtechGUY

HAKUNA MATATA!!

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:MMMM..ANY....BEEEER....

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

Modern mini splits are usually complicated animals on the inside. NOT user friendly as far as repairs go. They do tend to be darned reliable if installed correctly.
But for the square footage you have , that would be quite a few Mini splits. The other posiblity is something like a mitsubishi city-multi system. One SUPER COMPLICATED condenser outside feeding many indoor fancoils. That is really the way too go , but it is much more expensive and labor intensive to install compared to a simple A/C changeout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics