Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

rwbil

Whirlpool DU943 Dishwasher keeps blowing the Thermal Fuse

5 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool DU943 Diswasher and the Thermal Fuse 675813 keeps burning out every 3 months or so. I replace both the fuse and the wires. I read somewhere to replace the control board, but that does not make sense to me. Is this a thermal fuse or a current fuse. Assuming it is a thermal fuse I do not see why the control board would be effecting it. It seems to me something is getting to hot and blowing the fuse which protects the control board. I checked the hot water temperature and it is normal. Could the Dishwasher be overheating the water? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You may need the heating element upgrade. If your element is the angular one, need to upgrade to the round one. New control board with this, too. On the road till this evening do can't post parts links. Maybe Master Reg can post it for you.

Well, I might got it bass-ackwards. Was on the road, replying by iPhone. There was a rash of these a few years back. Rework from Whirlpool. The old element mighta been round. There was an element and control board kit that we had to install. I'll check my tech memos and update.

Okay, back in the saddle now. Looking this up I see that the re-work does not apply to this model so belay my last couple comments. However...

Take a look at the door switch for the heater. I usually replace that at the same time as the fuse. You will usually see the terminals being a nice brown color. Ohming the switch usually will show some resistance instead of direct continuity.