Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidenceā€¦

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
richseattle56

Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer WFW8300SW03, F01 and F26 error codes

5 posts in this topic

model # is wfw8300sw03 but this whirlpool duet is 4 years old it does nothing it shows error code f-01 and f-26 i came to the conclusion to replace the ccu this did not help, when i put into the diagnostics test it flashes spin only and does nothing else i have to unplug it because none of the buttons will do anything not even cancel or the power buttons. they all work before putting in to the test mode. must unplug for them to work again

Edited by richseattle56

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

no F01 nor F26 on a Duet

maybe a Duet Sport ?

model number ?

wfw8300sw03

Did you run the CCU diagnostic test?

The tech sheet info on these codes sometimes do more harm than good. I usually see the F01 error code associated with a bad MCU. Whirlpool has had a rash of bad MCUs on this washer. Do your due diligence and check the wiring-- disconnect/reconnect the harnesses between the console, CCU and MCU. If no joy, then do the MCU test:

Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer: Testing and Replacing the Motor Control Unit (MCU)

replaced mcu everything fine.

Thanks for all the help.