Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung Front Loading Washing Machine WF206BNW/XAA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimj

jimj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

Hi,
FYI I'm new here, not a total moron, but close.
I have a Samsung Front Loading Washing machine WF206BNW I bought in 2007 that quit during a washing cycle. The door remained locked and all it would do was hum or a what you may call a faint buzz (not from beer!).
I called Samsung and got the standard run around and "stock" answers. Unplug, check drain line etc. Nope! Didn't work.
Finally got the door open and wet clothes out after opening it up and playing with the lock from the inside.
The motor/drum seem to spin freely with no grinding or other weird noises. The control panel seems to be working properly (well it seems to be as the display shows the time for each cycle selected and shows no error codes) however there is a slight hum or buzz coming from the control board (again not from beer). It isn't making the usual "ding" sound when switching load selection (not sure if it got turned off or it is broken or this is an indication the board is bad).
At first I thought it was the motor but after playing with it a little I'm thinking part of the board went bad. Is that possible?
The "authorized Samsung" appliance repair guy is 40 miles away (I'm out in the boonies) and wants to charge me $130 just to come out. Another "authorized" guy 45 miles away says it will be 10 days before he can come out. But says I can bring it in and will take a few days.
I'm figureing if I can pin down the problem and order the part (from this site if you have it) I'll be way ahead as I'm going to get charged for the part anyway, labor and the service call or time and gas to bring it in.
I figure I have nothing to lose to try to fix it myself, which is why I signed up on this site!
Thanks for the help in advance.
Jim J

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

Did you check the pump for foriegn objects? An obstructed pump, or a failed pump, would cause the symptoms you describe.

Nick
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 jimj

jimj

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hi Nick,
You're a genius! It was a 3M scrub pad blocking the pump and stopping the impeller. Whew! A bullet dodged.
I had already spent (in my mind) $150 for a new motor, $120 for a new PCB etc. I even contemplated a new washer.

However the only thing I spent was 5 hours of work & worry, blood from the cut on my knuckle, a band-aid, $17 at the laundry mat and a few more gray hairs.
But what the heck!
ITS WORKING!!!! YEAAaaa!!!!
Thanks for your help!
Jim J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics