Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
nickwi

LG WM2233HW Leaking soap drawer

5 posts in this topic

Our LG WM2233HW front load washer has started leaking around the bottom front edge of the soap dispensing drawer. We called the help line, they suggested cleaning the soap drawer, checking level of the machine, checking water pressure, and not putting in too much soap. We use the recommended "he" soap. I did clean the drawer, there was some slime build up, machine was level, water pressure normal at 40psi, and my wife is stingy and uses hardly any soap. I took the drawer out, ran the machine, watched water go into the drawer cavity. Seems like the water goes down a little slow but it does go down completely. I tried sticking a small hose down in there to see if anything may have been clogged with no results. Still seeping around the drawer front, bottom edge! HELP! My wife is getting really sick of it! (narration, fix it or else!)

Thanks

Nick

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

<<<I did clean the drawer, there was some slime build up>>>

A strong indicator that too much detergent is being used.

Use:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Remove the TOP COVER of the washer (two screws at the rear of the top cover/slide top cover rearward about an inch & lift off).

Facing the front of the washer---on the top/left of the TUB---there's an accordion- type bellows hose that connects the DETERGENT DISPENSER BOX to the TUB.

Loosen the clamp at the TUB connection & pull off the hose.

Remove the MUSHROOM VALVE (shaped like an umbrella).

Clean off scum/slime accumulation/re-install MUSHROOM VALVE.

Clean the area of the hose that the valve comes in contact with (soap curd/scum).

Re-attach hose and test washer.

Edited by john63

Thanks very much John,

I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes!

Nick

John I have the top off. I understand what you meant by the mushroom shaped valve as I was looking at parts pictures online. Mine doesn't have it. Just a hose from soap dispenser tray that makes a half loop and turns down 90 degrees to the top of the tub. The hose is really soft, I can feel that it doesn't seem obstructed along its length. I do feel some kind of hard thing across the entry fitting to the tub. Will take off and see what I see. I'd attach a pic of the hose haven't figured that out yet :-)

Nick.

Hi John,

After removing the hose I saw exactly what you were talking about. It was shaped just like a mushroom. Was hardly any slime at all. Inside the soap dispenser tray I did notice a fair amount of slime in the top of the cover with all the holes. I removed the 4 supply hoses and took off the top. I put it in a sink of hot vinegar water and scrubbed with a tooth brush. After scrubbing I blew some compressed air in there and more crud came out. I reassembled, and ran the machine on the extra hot cycle with bleach in all the tray slots. It's still "cooking" as I'm typing. Here's a link to the pic of the hose assembly and back of the soap tray. Thanks very much for your prompt reply and help! I really do appreciate it. This forum is amazing!

Have a great day, hope this fixed it.

Nick

IMAG03901.jpg