Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

rxmurphy

Kitchen Aid refrigerator model KSCS25INSS, freezer thermistor location

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where the thermistor is located on a Kitchen Aid refrigerator model KSCS25INSS? Freezer too cold (-10 when set at 0), and therefor so is the refrigerator too cold. I see it listed as a part, but not sure where it is exactly. Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

different model KSCS25FKSS00 also shows one the back wall of the Freezer,

half-way down, under the same type of cover

KSCS25INSS wiring diagram shows one in each Fridge and Freezer

parts list & diagrams only show Fridge # 7

W0705139-00002.png

It's in the beer compartment:

20110613-qpeys9jp9rhbpdgyy82p7g6t78.preview.jpgClick for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

But that's probably not your problem. I'd check out that damper first, make sure it opens and closes in the self-diagnostic test explained in the tech sheet.

It's in the beer compartment:

20110613-qpeys9jp9rhbpdgyy82p7g6t78.preview.jpgClick for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

But that's probably not your problem. I'd check out that damper first, make sure it opens and closes in the self-diagnostic test explained in the tech sheet.

Thanks for the quick response. You bring up a good point. I originally thought the problem was in the fridge, as the temp was way too cold, and "assumed" (I know!) that it was the damper/air baffle, and changed that out, but temp still too high. Then I checked the freezer, and though it is set at zero, it is running around ten below! So again, I am assuming - the thermistor? Could it be something else?

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response. You bring up a good point. I originally thought the problem was in the fridge, as the temp was way too cold, and "assumed" (I know!) that it was the damper/air baffle, and changed that out, but temp still too high LOW! Then I checked the freezer, and though it is set at zero, it is running around ten below! So again, I am assuming - the thermistor? Could it be something else?

Thanks!

Easy enough to know-- check the thermistor resistance against the spec in the tech sheet for the fridge.

I'd check out that damper first, make sure it opens and closes in the self-diagnostic test explained in the tech sheet.

Do you have the tech sheet for this model?

It's tucked into one of the crevasses in the toe grill, remove the toe grill and look on the back side of it. If you need help with this unit, start a new topic so you're not hijacking this one. :thumbsup: