Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE fridge PFSS6PKXASS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pc!z

pc!z

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:04 PM

Hello,

Appliance newb here.

I just had a GE service tech inform me that I need to replace my ice maker unit as well as my mainboard on my GE Profile fridge model PFSS6PKXASS (serial LR555303) - grand total of 600 bucks (fridge is only 3yrs old - ouch!). After he left I noticed that the fridge model listed on the quote ticket he gave me was PFSS6PKXSS and that the model numbers for the replacement mainboard is WR55X10856 and ice maker is WR30X10097. The mainboard and ice maker that are currently in my fridge don't have those numbers. The ice maker I have is model IMC701 and the main board is model DA41-00473A (ice maker is cleary labeled as a Samsung product, while I cant tell what the main board is, but after looking the part up on the web it appears to be also Samsung).

My question then is, are the GE parts above direct replacements for the Samsung parts I have?

The tech didn't even bother to look at the ice maker or main board for the part numbers; he just looked up the info on his laptop. I just want to make sure I'm ordering the right stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

The # for the board is the correct # for the main circuit board. Your unit also has a power board part # WR55X10764 so hopefully he knew what he was talking about.

The part # for the ice maker is also correct.

Actually his Price is about right....$380 parts $200 labor, trip charge, sales tax, etc.

Ice Maker Link $170

Posted Image

Main Board LInk $210 (no Picture available)
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#3 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:46 AM

I think it is INCREDIBLE horseshit that you or anyone else should have to pay that kind of money to repair a 3 year old product you prolly paid north of $2000 for, especially for a known software issue like this...
a perfect example of why I would never reccomend a GE or Samsung refer to my worst enemy...
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,045 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

GE's marketing department contacted me and asked me to develop a new slogan for them. The one they really liked the best was:

"GE: the initial purchase is just the beginning of a long corporate gang rape."

I charged 'em $2.5 million bucks for it. Guess you guys'll be seeing me on Hollywood Squares!

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

... Guess you guys'll be seeing me on Hollywood Squares!

or Dancing with the Stars

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics