Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Prengert

Amana washer squeals

4 posts in this topic

My Amana washer (10 years old lw7503w2) squeals during the spin cycle. The more unbalanced the load the more it squeals. I have replaced the belt to no avail. Any idea what it might be and how expensive is the fix?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Okay, nobody is exactly jumping on this one :( .

But I gotta know- is it worth fixing or should I be looking for something else (I am intrigued by the Staber)? It is not exactly making death screams now but I want to be ready if it does.

I have not replied because we do not work on these, however from the threads I have read this will be a major repair, might want to go thru the laundry forum and read the posts on this problem about Maytag, Admiral, Amana, etc.

It **might** be this..... if not, then probably a bearing/transmission issue, which I'd advise against spending the money on, especially at 10 years old.