Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
nomo saki

Directions to remove basket drive shaft...

6 posts in this topic

My Whirlpool - LSQ9549LW0 DIRECT DRIVE - is all apart & I am ready to replace the basket drive shaft. It is bad enough that the drive block is wasted, but the ears on the drive tube are pretty bad also.

Pull the clutch & then what. Do you beat on the splined shaft?

Someone please point me where.

NOMOSAKI

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

That's all good - thanks! But how do I get the Darn tube out of the washer. I guess you pull the clutch and start beat the shaft or something?

NOMOSAKI :yikes:

Remove the agitator, lock nut, spin basket, drive block, then remove the pump and motor and pull the transmission then the clutch/break assy.  aka basket drive assy.,, will pull it from the bottom.

Right on man - I am digging it....I had fun beating the daylights out of the spanner nut. Even scraped up a nuckle, cool.

This appliance stuff is fun - I like being smarter than the machine.

Thank again - NOMOSAKI  :dude:

;)