Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykell AD55-U Dryer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pawal

pawal

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:29 PM

Hi, I dont know if you can help, but the belt snapped on my fisher paykel tumble dryer.  I have a new belt but have not been able to find the belt configuration anywhere.  Fisher Paykel were no help they only offered to send a tech out.  Can anyone please help. 

The model number of the Dryer is AD55-U  (F & P 4.5kg front load dryer)

Also some of the plastic fan for the air intake appears to have broken away, is this likely to cause any problems or is it best to replace it as well?

Thanks for you help

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:59 PM

You need to remove the motor to replace the fan, and yes, you need to replace the fan.:(

To fit the belt , lay the dryer on its front.  You need to remove  the 4 screws that hold the heater panel onto the sides.  Also disconnect all the wiring that connects to the panel, ie elements and thermostats.  This allows you to get the belt around the drum, which loops over the pulley on the motor.  The tension wheels squeeze the belt from either side to keep the tenson, no matter which way the drum is turning. after the belt is on, make sure it is on the line worn on the drum from the original belt (turn the drum by hand a few full turns, and make sure the belt follws the path correctly).

Reassemble and test.  Let us know how you go ;).

please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 pawal

pawal

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:04 PM

Great thanks it was easier than I expected, I was thinking complicated, now all I need to do is replace the fan:(  Oh well cheaper than a new dryer.  Thanks Again

#4 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:05 PM

To replace the fan, you also have to remove the drum, before you take out the motor. Let me know if you have any problems.:D

#5 pawal

pawal

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:01 AM

will do thanks for your help

#6 pawal

pawal

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:24 AM

[user=904]Kiwi-nadian[/user] wrote:

To replace the fan, you also have to remove the drum, before you take out the motor. Let me know if you have any problems.:D

Hi Kiwi-nadian, I do have a problem, I have fitted both the new belt and the fan and it is working fantastic, smoother and quieter than I ever remember.  However the cutout switch when you open the door when the dryer is running now is not working.  Can I just ask do I need to reset the switch in anyway(i.e. I may have missed it), or will this be another replacement job, and in the meantime is it fine to run it without the cutout switch?  Thanks again.:D

#7 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 08:18 AM

The lack of a door switch is only a problem if you have kids who can open the door when the dryer is running.  The door switch is activated by a tab on the inside top of the door striking a microswitch.

Check the position of the metal lever that the tab hits and make sure this is clicking when you activate it.  If not then the switch is faulty or the position of the switch has changed. The lid of the dryer comes off by first removing the front console, then the plastic console mount / trim, and then the top.  Or you can go in from the back and remove the drum which gives you more room to move:). 

#8 pawal

pawal

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 03:19 AM

Hi, thanks again, I have checked the switch and it is broken, so I will run the dryer now, until I can get the rplacement switch for it.  Thanks again for all your help.

#9 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:41 AM

No worries, and thanks for the feedback :rocker:.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics