Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
george dog

Ge profile tfx28pb refrigerator

6 posts in this topic

My GE refrigerator is not cooling.  It is getting power, the lights come on, the diagnostic center operates, but the compressor motor and fan motor do not come on.  Both the refrigerator and freezer areas are not cooling.  Any ideas?  I don't have any schematics, so I don't know how to isolate the problem.   

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=430]george dog[/user] wrote:

I don't have any schematics, so I don't know how to isolate the problem.   

We're gonna need those schematics, they're cleverly hidden on the fridge somewhere.  Look behind the kick grill in front or inside the control panel compartment, both common hiding places. 

We're also gonna need the model number. 

Start by making sure you're getting voltage to the compressor.

It's a big old GE side by side Oh Wise and Mighty Samurai, Exalted Grand Master of Appliantology.

Is the compressor running? (Yes or No)

Is the evaporator fan running?

Is the condenser fan motor running?

[user=2]Jedi Appliance Guy[/user] wrote:

It's a big old GE side by side Oh Wise and Mighty Samurai, Exalted Grand Master of Appliantology.

Yeah, I gathered that.  What's your point?

Simple logic.

Yes evaporator fan, yes compressor, yes condenser fan = refrigeration mode

no evaporator fan, no compressor, no condenser fan (yes lites) = T-stat satisfied or bad.

no evaporator fan, no compressor,yes condenser fan = defrost mode 

yes evaporator fan, no compressor, no condenser fan = you gotta pull it out and look behind it at the compressor and condenser fan,  could only be a dirty condenser coil.

We don't know which fan is not running and which one might be.

[user=2]Jedi Appliance Guy[/user] wrote:

Simple logic. ...

:stooges: