Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Dryer LDG8704AAE IGNITER PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 evlu

evlu

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:21 PM

Igniter went out a week ago. Purchased a new one and installed it (did not touch the igniter on installation). Dryer worked for 4 days and now igniter is burned out again. Need help troubleshooting. Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,628 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

Are you getting 120v to the ignitor?

#3 evlu

evlu

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:06 AM

Yes. The igniter is actually burned out (cracked). Is there something that may fail that might cause the igniter to stay on even after ignition? I don't ever remember seeing it go off after it ignited the gas.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:44 AM

The  igniter has to shut off in a gas dryer to get ignition, if the igniter stayed on you would have never gotten the gas valve to open and get heat.  It has to cycle off on the flame sensor for the gas valve to open. Have the place you bought the igniter replace it, is under warranty, might have been damaged when you bought it?
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 evlu

evlu

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for all the help. Put a new igniter in on the 7th and it is still working. The guy I bought the igniter from sold me the second one at his cost. Better than nothing. Well,thanks again for all your help.

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for letting us know!!!  Glad it is working....:cool:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics