Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
evlu

Maytag Dryer LDG8704AAE IGNITER PROBLEM

6 posts in this topic

Igniter went out a week ago. Purchased a new one and installed it (did not touch the igniter on installation). Dryer worked for 4 days and now igniter is burned out again. Need help troubleshooting. Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Are you getting 120v to the ignitor?

Yes. The igniter is actually burned out (cracked). Is there something that may fail that might cause the igniter to stay on even after ignition? I don't ever remember seeing it go off after it ignited the gas.

The  igniter has to shut off in a gas dryer to get ignition, if the igniter stayed on you would have never gotten the gas valve to open and get heat.  It has to cycle off on the flame sensor for the gas valve to open. Have the place you bought the igniter replace it, is under warranty, might have been damaged when you bought it?

Thanks for all the help. Put a new igniter in on the 7th and it is still working. The guy I bought the igniter from sold me the second one at his cost. Better than nothing. Well,thanks again for all your help.

Thanks for letting us know!!!  Glad it is working....:cool: