Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Refrigerator PSC23SGRC making clicking noise and water dispenser only shoots short streams

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 natratreid

natratreid

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

It started a few months ago when the ice dispenser would sporadically not dispense from the door. If I pulled out the ice drawer and put it back it, somehow it would work again.

A few weeks ago it started clicking and making a whirling sound. At the same time all the digital read-outs disappeared (like the temperature) all I see is a flashing "hours" in the "Custom Cool" box. Most times, if I opened the door and shut it back it would reset and the clicking would stop. Today, no such luck. All it's doing is clicking and I think it's not cooling now, plus the water dispenser just shoots out short bursts of water, not a steady stream.

I took the back panel off to try and locate the clicking, but have no clue what to look for. I've attached a picture. The yellow box is hot to the touch where other parts back there aren't. I don't know if that's important. Please help!!!

GE Profile Model PSC23SGRC

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

Where are you hearing the clicking and whirling noise? From the dispenser? In back at the muthaboard in your photo?

The thing with the yellow label is a transformer and they can get hot.

Does the light brightness fluctuate when you try to use the dispenser?

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

post YouTube video ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Check for 120vac from J7-4 to J7-9 on the muthaboard to verify that the door switch hasn't failed or there's a wiring problem.

If the door switch checks out, replace the muthaboard. Part link==> Control Board

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:26 AM

I'm pretty sure I see bulging ends on the two smaller capacitors just to the right of the transformer in the above picture, (I believe those are the power supply capacitors). I've replaced those two on a few GE motherboards to repair very similar problems that are being described here.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics