Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dacor Range ER36D

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rokosz

rokosz

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maibock

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

I wish I'd found Samurai earlier. I've seen a fair amount references to Dacor disassembly --but never specific to the ER36D. Nor concise enough to allow me to dive in completely. I have removed alot of screws, a skirt/bezel or two, the burner knob bezels but can't get to the blue LEDs (one burned out. Hah! I presume). I got a new one and a spare. Can anyone help answer the following:

1) In some of those refs there were links to Dacor repair "goodies" -- but none specific to the ER36D - did I miss them? I've found the CAD docs on Dacor.com but there's nothing all that useful in those.

2) dacorservice.com wants me to log in. I take it I need to be "professional" to get an ID? if not, how then?

3) When I called Dacor to get the LED part number (100121) the rep mentioned there was a lot of disassembly involved. Must the brass burners be removed prior to removing the spill trays?
And is removing the spill trays the correct route to get at the LEDs?

4) if yes, does the part I've seen here: "burner removal tooL" 86007C do the trick? How to use that tool? does it go into the hole vertically? I can't see how it would grip horizontally.

5) if no, anyone know the correct burner removal tool?

thanks for any help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

Knob Lights (LED assembly)
Turn off the gas supply and power to the range at the junction or fuse box.
Remove the spill trays.

Removing the Spill Trays
Turn off the gas supply at the supply valve and power to the range at the junction or fuse box.
Remove the grates, the burner caps, burner rings, and crown burner heads from the cooktop.
Remove the spill tray trim screws, located above the spill trays E , from the back, front, and side panels.
Slip all four (4) spill tray trim pieces F that were held in place by the screws out of the side, front, and back panels G .
Use the thread ring removal tool H (Dacor part# 101539, included with range, see page 3-6 for location)
to remove all four (4) thread rings I from the crown burner bases (eight [8] thread rings total).
NOTE
Dacor recommends using anti-seize grease on the thread rings during reassembly.
Doing so will make future disassembly easier.

Remove the screws from the stack burner heads H (eight [8] screws total).
Remove each of the stack burner heads.
When removing the head, disconnect the igniter wire from each one.
Gently lift up on the back of one of the porcelain trim pieces I where the spill trays J come together.
Pull it toward the back of the range and out of the stainless steel trim piece above the front of the spill tray.
Be careful not to chip the porcelain.
Repeat for the remaining porcelain trim piece.
To remove the spill trays, pull up on the back of each spill tray and slip it out of the stainless steel trim piece toward the front of the range.
Be careful not to chip the porcelain.
Pull off the knob in front of the LED assembly to be removed.
Doing so will make it easier to see the LED assembly from the back side.
The LED is held in place by the LED holder A above the valve stem B .
To remove the LED, push in on the LED gently with your finger.
Then reach in from the back side of the cooktop front panel C and pull back on the wires connecting to the LED.
Disconnect the LED assembly D at the connector E about six (6) inches from the LED.
When remounting the LED, push the LED into the LED holder from the back side until it stops.
Replace the knob.
Reassemble the cooktop and test it to make sure the LED is working and that the cooktop has been reassembled properly.

ER36D
Service Manual
Cycle Charts
Service Bulletin - LED Varister
Circuit Path Drawings 36"
Service Bulletin - ERC test points
ER36D Part Catalog
Service Bulletin - Touch pad test
Service Bulletin - Reversed temp sensor
ER36D Wiring Diagram
Service Bulletin - Controller temp upgrade
Service Bulletin - Voltage Test Points
Error Codes

For service manuals and lots of other goodies,
become an Apprentice==> http://appliantology.org/apprentice/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 rokosz

rokosz

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

Oh! Boy! Is this gonna be fun! Now if I can find that 101539 -- found it at repair clinic and it looks somewhat familiar. Thanks for the totally instructional verbiage.

#4 rokosz

rokosz

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

Repair/replacement completed. After, of course, coming across the burner ring tool -- a day after ordering a new one. Thanks, RegUS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics