Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnnies

JTP56WA2WW

4 posts in this topic

Old robertshaw control module part number is WB27T10057 and the replacement sent us WB27T10287 as the parts dept said the new one is the replacement. Main concern is connecting it properly as the instructions are much less than best. Some examples:

JB4 connection on old control has 2 pins an open space and 3 pins and the oven connector of course matches this pin alignment. The new control is 2 pins, and open space and 5 pins. Do I leave the extra open?

J5 connection on old control has 3 pins and oven wiring has 2 connectors that attach -- one is a ground. The new control only has 2 pins. Do I not ground the control?

Also, the plastic connector locks will not fit on the modules so I'm guessing these have to be permanently removed.

I may have more questions but I stopped the project for now rather than screw up an expensive control. Right now the only damage is my ego, as my wife is understanding, but my daughter is home for 2 weeks from the peace corp (Nicaragua) and she is deperately wanting to bake cookies.

Quick help will be most appreciated

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

that is the replacement part number ...

Should have come with (some) instructions

thank you for your reply -- i'll take the non smoking section. regarding instructions -- quite limited -- I've found it easier to do A/C control repairs than this -- wish I had bought something other than GE -- but my father worked for them for 42 years so always have bought -- but I have more issues than friend who have gone to other brands -- even folks with Korean LG seem to have better luck.

I guess I can give it a go without instructions -- just would have felt better with complete instructions.

got it wired up -- one problem -- the convection oven won't heat -- fan runs -- rest of functions seem to work although the lower oven appears to be more hot than the control board says -- upper appears to be right on except for the problem with the convection. can someone tell me what I did wrong?

thank you

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0