Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

JTP56WA2WW

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnnies

johnnies

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

Old robertshaw control module part number is WB27T10057 and the replacement sent us WB27T10287 as the parts dept said the new one is the replacement. Main concern is connecting it properly as the instructions are much less than best. Some examples:
JB4 connection on old control has 2 pins an open space and 3 pins and the oven connector of course matches this pin alignment. The new control is 2 pins, and open space and 5 pins. Do I leave the extra open?
J5 connection on old control has 3 pins and oven wiring has 2 connectors that attach -- one is a ground. The new control only has 2 pins. Do I not ground the control?
Also, the plastic connector locks will not fit on the modules so I'm guessing these have to be permanently removed.

I may have more questions but I stopped the project for now rather than screw up an expensive control. Right now the only damage is my ego, as my wife is understanding, but my daughter is home for 2 weeks from the peace corp (Nicaragua) and she is deperately wanting to bake cookies.

Quick help will be most appreciated

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

that is the replacement part number ...
Should have come with (some) instructions

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 johnnies

johnnies

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

thank you for your reply -- i'll take the non smoking section. regarding instructions -- quite limited -- I've found it easier to do A/C control repairs than this -- wish I had bought something other than GE -- but my father worked for them for 42 years so always have bought -- but I have more issues than friend who have gone to other brands -- even folks with Korean LG seem to have better luck.

I guess I can give it a go without instructions -- just would have felt better with complete instructions.

#4 johnnies

johnnies

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

got it wired up -- one problem -- the convection oven won't heat -- fan runs -- rest of functions seem to work although the lower oven appears to be more hot than the control board says -- upper appears to be right on except for the problem with the convection. can someone tell me what I did wrong?

thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics