Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Rocky

Please Help! With Icemaker Repair

5 posts in this topic

Could you please guide me on the next repair step for me?  I have a Kenmore Model 106.70102000 Model Refrigerator no longer making ice.  This model has a water dispenser behind the door and it isn't working either.  I just replaced the water inlet valve/solenoid at the bottom of the refrigerator and there's still no water or ice. 

Could you please advise on the next step to take?  Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Initiate the harvest cycle on the icemaker and see if it cycles and fills toward the end of the cycle.  Also, listen for the fill valve to energize toward the end of the cycle-- you'll hear a hum that lasts for about 5 seconds. 

Hi Samurai!

I just finished replacing the second solenoid (double) valve.  I was able to get the unit to cycle through and there is now water in the tray and I have water coming behind the door now too.  Hoping to hear the fall of icecubes soon!

:yikes:I have ice cubes falling, but they are hollow.  Any ideas on what is wrong?

This is caused by low water pressure: supplying water from a reverse osmosis filter, gunked up saddle tap valve, sediment in the water inlet valve, ...