Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Washer clothes still soaked after spin cycle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hemikiller

Hemikiller

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:50 AM

Model: WVSR1060DWW

After  completing the spin cycle, the clothes in our washer are still sopping wet. This is a sporadic problem. For a couple loads, it will be fine. Next couple I will have to spin them once or twice to get  most of the water out.

Washer seems to have no problem emptying itself between cycles, so I'm somewhat stumped as to what the problem may be.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:00 AM

After checking to make sure the belt is not worn or slipping I would be wondering if the tranny is going bad?  Known problems with these transmissions. Tranny has a 5 year warranty.;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Brew Man

Brew Man

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:20 AM

Hey,

I would also check your lid switch to see if you don't have a bad connection.

#4 Hemikiller

Hemikiller

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:43 PM

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

After checking to make sure the belt is not worn or slipping I would be wondering if the tranny is going bad? Known problems with these transmissions. Tranny has a 5 year warranty.;)

Well, I finally sat there and watched the washer run. Lid switch is ok. It drains the water, then spins the drum with a clunk-clunk-clunk that increases in speed with the drum, then goes away as it hits its highest rpms. Thinking something in the tranny? Any idea of the cost of that? We are not the original owner, it was in the house when we bought it in August 2004, so warranty is no good.

Barring a trans, what is a good, heavy use washer. We do 8 loads a week at least, mostly towels and jeans. An Energy Star unit would be nice, my electric company is offering a $50 rebate on E-S rated washers...

...told the fiancee' not to load the thing to death, "super capacity" or not.....

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:57 PM

Call a GE auth servicer in your area with the model and serial numbers to see if it is under warranty or not.  If it is see what the labor would be, if not run, do not walk, replace the washer and do not buy another GE anything....;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics