Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Asko washing machine WM200 spews from detergent port

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rwfisher

rwfisher

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

Having an unusual problem with an Asko WM200 (20004) washing machine. For some reason, when the washing cycle starts water spews out of the laundry detergent loading cups. I've pulled the top off the machine, and nothing seems disconnected or broken. If I place the spray heads into a bucket, they appear to do their job (spray water downwards with great force). The valves seem to be functioning, switching from one spray head (the softener cup) to the other (the detergent cup).

Has anyone seem this type of malfunction before? There doesn't seem to be a gasket for the drawer that holds the laundry detergent and softener compartments....

Is there a pressure reduction system somewhere in this machine? Any other ideas?

Later in the day edit: I'm suspecting there's an orifice or something in the spray heads. We did have some air in our lines that may have sent a pressure pulse into the washer. Since the valves are still switching, I'm going to try and replace the cheap parts first......

ANOTHER update. Found bits of broken plastic and a rubber grommet in the machine side of the supply line. Thinking that it might be a pressure reducing fixture. Does anyone know if this is part of the supply line or is actually part of the water inlet valve?

Edited by rwfisher, 26 June 2011 - 08:37 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 rwfisher

rwfisher

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Replaced the water inlet valve shortly after the last post, problem solved. For now.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,648 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

Domo for the update! Better late than never! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics