Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

I Thought I Was on Jerry Springer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 reelynyceguy

reelynyceguy

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

So I arrived yesterday at a second floor apartment in a building right in the heart of a city known for lots of crime, violence and illegal immigrants. There were two little kids playing in the hallway. I was ushered in, down a long hallway into the the kitchen by a woman. A big guy was sitting at the kitchen table. When he stood up, I guessed he was all of 6'4", 250 lbs, sporting a mullet. He began a long list of complaints in a thick accent about his refrigerator, how many times we've been there in the past, what a piece of junk it was, I want a new one...the usual mantra I hear all too often. This time the beer section wasn't cooling. We emptied out the side by side freezer so I could get a look at the evaporator frost pattern. It took some time, as it was crammed with more meat than the local butcher back home carried all week.
I'm on my knees, with the shelves all out, the shelf holders on one side off, and the back removed. All of a sudden there begins some screaming behind me in a bedroom adjacent to the kitchen. I thought at first it was kids playing, but now there's a chorus of women's screams beginning to escalate. I turn to see the man in a full blown wrestling match with a woman, not his wife, (who is serenely pacing the kitchen).The screams are from the woman as she is tearing the guys hair out in clumps, and an old woman, who is standing over the woman beating her with what looked like a sandal. I am horrified. The two little kids are now in from the hallway, standing nearby and also screaming.
I thought maybe this was a temporary tussle, so started to proceed with the repair, when it got even more violent. The guy rushed in the room and shouted at me, his head bloodied, "Did you see that?" He rushed back in the bedroom, where the fight recommenced. I frantically threw the screws into the bottom of the freezer, packed my gear and headed for the door. I thought the guns were coming out next. I honestly did. The guy blocked my exit, but I said I'll come back when things settled down.
I called the boss, who said just reschedule the call for another time. But who, in their right mind, would go back into that situation? How far do you take customer service before serving people jeopardizes your own well being? I searched the parking lot for signs of the Springer Show film crew, but all I saw was the old woman chasing the wildcat woman down the street, her sandal waving in the air.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:45 AM

lol, I've been in some of those situations before. It's never fun at the time. Each one of those customers I logged in my brain
so the next time they called I refused to go. Rather loose my job than my life.
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

Wow! Talk a good time to have the phone camera shooting video! Posted Image

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

Wow! Talk a good time to have the phone camera shooting video! Posted Image

OR maybe "hidden" and only the audio :whistling:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

Even the audio woulda been a blast to listen to!

#6 reelynyceguy

reelynyceguy

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

What killed me was the guy's wife non-chalantly walking around the kitchen, unfazed by the ferocious fight within feet of her. Only thing I could figure was she was used to WWF in her home on a routine basis. I would hate to have the old woman with the sandal after me, by gum! I thought my Dad with a razor strap when I was a kid was scary...he had nothing on that old lady...
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

#7 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

reminds me of the time I was working in a dimmly light kitchen behind a frige and someone broke in the house and a lady came running down the hall way and beat the hell out the guy with a broom lol. Bristles flying, yellin, twirling that broom like a ninja with a staff haha...that dude hauled ass!
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#8 TheApplianceTechnician

TheApplianceTechnician

Yamabushi

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud light

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:45 AM

hahah, guess I'm not used to this kinda stuff. Saw a youngin slapping the holy everliving crap out of her dad because she didn't get her way. Said I'd have to order a part and split never to go back. Dysfunctional family means dysfunctional checking account. No thanks. . . .

“A man is most accurately judged by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or to reciprocate.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics