Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
sethH

PAV2300aww not spinning

7 posts in this topic

Replaced my thrust bearing on my pav2300aww maytag. I followed all the instructions and advise giving online. I used the .032 washer only and my cam arrow only goes to the min. ref. point and still will not disengage. the directions say to use a thinner washer if this is the case, but i do not have a thinner one. Any advise on what the problem might be?

Thanks for any help!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

if you remove the belt and watch closely does the brake rotor

rise about 3/16" when rotating the tranny pulley CCW about 1/2 turn?

not sure what the brake rotor is for sure, but when i turn the pulley ccw the cam is the only thing moving in and out.

this is what the brake rotor looks like from

the bottom side.

Also, was it hard to install the E- clip?

01084861.jpg

Thanks for the picture! No the brake rotor does not seem to be moving at all, and no I didnt think it was hard to get the E clip on. At least not as hard as others had said, but i used the thinner of the washers. Not sure if it would have been as easy with a thicker one.

you need to add another washer. the kit should have come with a thick and a thin washer.

If you didnt have to fight to get the clip on then it aint right.

you could use one of your old washers too

so... trying to get the thicker washer on with no luck. heard of people prying on something but not sure where to do that at to help.