Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

beckywaite

Bosch WFMC1001UC front loading clothes washer

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

I took off the round cover at the bottom right on the front of the washer, and shop vacced out the water. I heard something like a penny, or tiny rock, get sucked up. I was hoping that would solve things, but when I turned it on (with the cover and filter still off), I didn't see anything move. I hear a "hum", that does not click off, when I try to drain or spin.

What should I try next? If I need to replace the pump, is that something an average homeowner can usually do?

Thanks very much!

Becky

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Need to see if its the "pump" thats humming.

The proper way is to check for voltage at the pump

during the drain cycle.

How do I do that ?

You wil need a volt meter to test for voltage at the water pump.

If you dont have one they can be purchased at any home improvement

store , walmart, harbor freight.....for less that $10...just a basic one is all that you need.

Thanks, I will go buy/borrow one. Can you send me some instructions from there, so I can be ready to go when I get back? Thanks!

I went and bought a voltage meter tester. I have no idea what to do next. Is there any type of troubleshooting guide you might be able to refer me to? Thanks - Becky

Bought voltage meter and learned how to use.

Need to know how to access pump. The front round cover is off, and filter removed and cleaned out. It did sound like something got sucked up with the water, but it still is not working on drain or spin. Can see pump. How do I get to it, to test it? Do I have to pull it out and take off the back panel, or...?

Also, is there a drawing of the inside of this thing somewhere? You sent me the 1-page that has the error codes and trouble shooting guide.

Thanks!

(it neither drains nor spins -- on each setting, I just hear a hum).

(Am still trying to buy subscription, but am stil having that technical glitch that will now allow me to)

Becky

I thought the Samuari sent you the full service Manual via email?

It was 1 page, it has a list of error cords, and a trouble shooting guide. Is there more?

Am I supposed to donate to the beer fund or the flipper fund; I tried to buy a subscription but the site won't let me. Am happy to contribute, have done so before, but am confused. IS this someone different than the beer fund person?

Do I have to pull the washer away from the wall to test the pump? Please help! Am going to have to call a neighbor if so.

Hang on just a minute and let me find the complete manual

there should be 2 numbers after the "UC" on your model tag. Send me your email along with that info. to me via PM and I will send you the manual