Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

wackyjackster

M1 Ice Maker - Not Working

11 posts in this topic

I have a Frigidaire FRS20ZRG with an M1 ice maker. The icemaker is dead. nothing will move. Even if I rotate the gearing, the ice maker will not complete the cycle on it's own as it has no power. What should I see at the plug and if I have zero volts there what further can I look at and where would I check? Thanks for your help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You should have 120V to the icemaker. That can be tested at the plug going to the icemaker.

Need your complete model# to find a wiring diagram. When you tried cycling the icemaker

did you have the door switch closed? On some models it will kill icemaker function.

The door and switch were both opened. Regradless, after the door had been closed for some time nothing had happened.

Where does one find the complete model number? I did not see a data plate anywhere. The paperwork attached to the back does not list the model number.

I assume, by looking at part pricing, that it would be cheaper to pay the $80 for the whole ice maker if it is indeed bad.

Thanks again for your help.

Well, I followed the link and out of all the possible spots shown, I have a sticker on the sidewall. It, however, is where I got the model number from in the first place. FRS20ZRG is the entire model number shown. Aside from that, if I have 120VAC at the plug to the ice maker should I then replace it since it is dead?

If you have 120V at the plug

and the freezer is below 15 F. (has to be for icemaker to work)

remove the front cover from the icemaker and make sure the

gear on the front isn't stripped out.

If all thats good...time for an icemaker

... Even if I rotate the gearing,

shouldn't rotate the gearing.... could ruin the gears

should only let the IceMaker Motor do that ... momentarily jumper T to H

Don't believe these have the T to H modules; use the gear drive instead. You start harvest on these by pulling up on the rake fingers until they "catch."

shouldn't rotate the gearing.... could ruin the gears

should only let the IceMaker Motor do that ... momentarily jumper T to H

This is a mechanical IM , Not the modular...hand advancement ok

00791002.jpg

This is a mechanical IM , Not the modular...hand advancement ok

:wallbash:

page of Frigidaire manual IceMaker info

218877000.pdf