Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Overstuffing Washing Machines

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 itbedave

itbedave

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

I'm tired of having the same stupid argument with my wife about overstuffing loads in the washing machine. She claims she fills it up to the line - which is sometimes true. But she also PACKS it in tight to the line, just as tight as it will go. How do I know? Every single time it goes into the spin cycle, it's starts banging like it's going through the wall and I have to go stop it, adjust what's in there, and restart it. It almost ALWAYS becomes unbalanced. And then she doesn't understand why the kids break out from soap or softener residue still in our clothes. She will argue until she's blue in the face that she doesn't overstuff it - and then gets in a huff and asks me if I'll help do the laundry since she's now going to have to reduce the load size due to my unreasonable demands. I just tell her to do what she wants, and when we'll just have to replace the machine sooner.

I doubt that even printing out a recommended load guide would help justify anything - but I thought I would ask if there IS such a thing anywhere online?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

you shouldn't pack clothes into any type of washing machine.

What is your complete model # ?
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#3 itbedave

itbedave

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

I guess I should say STUFFS it full instead of "packs." My point is that by no means is it loosely filled in a way that you can possibly have enough water to properly clean and rinse the clothing. This is evident by the condition of our clothes that seem to get 'worn out' faster than normal, don't always seem to get clean, or have the soap/softener residue as mentioned before.

I'll get the model info tonight. It's a few years old and I've replaced parts on it myself already.

#4 DIAMOND GAZZA

DIAMOND GAZZA

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:43 AM

Here is a sneaky way to get your point across, Disable the machine somehow (safely) and when she says its not working, test the machine. The fault will be overloading and the part will take a couple days to get here. When she is out, "fix" the machine and say it cost $100. Do this until she stops overloading it, costing $100 each time. Drop hints that the money could be spent on nicer things for the family or her. hehehe :devil:

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

... you shouldn't pack clothes into any type of washing machine.

except maybe the Commercial Front Load Washers at the Laundromat,
but those are completely different ...

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:20 AM

Yeah, and they belong to someone else.:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics