Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Soggy laundry from Maytag Centennial Top-load washer MVWC6ESWW1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gzusphish

gzusphish

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killian's Irish Red

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

I really just want to verify that the solution from this post will prolly also fix my problem before donating to the sud-the-samurais fund.

My issue is identical, but my model was off by one number (mine ends with 1 where his ended with 0).

Symptoms are as follows
  • starts agitating at beginning of cycle
  • fills for about half-a-minute at the end of all cycles
  • if I manually reselect the Normal mode spin cycle, clothes are spun without rewetting at the end
Seriously... Dection?

You can't just make up words. Wait, I made up gastraunt, so I guess you can. n/m...carry on

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

Could have a bad load sensing switch

Switch Link If Needed

00668907.jpg

Could have a bad timer

Timer Link If Needed

00718618.jpg

Both are very popular components for this machine.
It is possible that they are "both" bad as well.

Disconnect the wires from the load sensing switch and start a cycle
if you still get agitation with the pressure switch disconnected then you have a bad timer.

If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#3 William Johnston

William Johnston

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Pepsi

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

my MVWC6ESWW1 with soggy clothes got a new Automatic temperature control and Load Size Sensing Switch

W10248240 from RepairClinic Item #1549115    (OEM Part) $80.10

and now works great!  my old part was rev c and new part is revision  G. 

#4 bigbuck

bigbuck

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Red Wine

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

That is a funky switch.I have the same washer and has done the same thing twice.Have the switch on truck,but i take the pressure tube off and blow back into tub and works ok.Last time a did it 8 months ago i put some electrical tape on the switch that as opening in and you could see the board inside and this has not happen again.I have notice if you do a hot wash water vapor is raising from tub right by that switch.

#5 William Johnston

William Johnston

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Pepsi

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

my MVWC6ESWW1 with soggy clothes got a new Automatic temperature control and Load Size Sensing Switch

W10248240 from RepairClinic Item #1549115    (OEM Part) $80.10

and now works great!  my old part was rev c and new part is revision  G. 

the miniature pressure switch and miniature relay with a multiple chipped circuit board are all inside that one old part, W10248240.  see for yourself with a flat screwdriver free the 4 tabs holding the old part's plastic case together.  show yourself and your customer why the part is valuable.  and if the 115 degrees of diluted hot energy saver water isn't hot enough i was thinking about feeding hot into both the hot and cold inlets to yield wash water and rinse water at the temperature of your water heater.       

#6 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

That's a pressure transducer in there, not a simple switch as in models without load sensing. It very accurately measures the tub water level. Let us know how that works out. Hopefully, the electronics won't shut the water off completely if it doesn't sense the water temp coming down.

Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics