Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

gzusphish

Soggy laundry from Maytag Centennial Top-load washer MVWC6ESWW1

6 posts in this topic

I really just want to verify that the solution from this post will prolly also fix my problem before donating to the sud-the-samurais fund.

My issue is identical, but my model was off by one number (mine ends with 1 where his ended with 0).

Symptoms are as follows

• starts agitating at beginning of cycle
  • fills for about half-a-minute at the end of all cycles
  • if I manually reselect the Normal mode spin cycle, clothes are spun without rewetting at the end

Seriously... Dection?

You can't just make up words. Wait, I made up gastraunt, so I guess you can. n/m...carry on

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Could have a bad load sensing switch

Switch Link If Needed

00668907.jpg

Could have a bad timer

Timer Link If Needed

00718618.jpg

Both are very popular components for this machine.
It is possible that they are "both" bad as well.

Disconnect the wires from the load sensing switch and start a cycle
if you still get agitation with the pressure switch disconnected then you have a bad timer.

my MVWC6ESWW1 with soggy clothes got a new Automatic temperature control and Load Size Sensing Switch

W10248240 from RepairClinic Item #1549115    (OEM Part) $80.10

and now works great!  my old part was rev c and new part is revision  G. 

That is a funky switch.I have the same washer and has done the same thing twice.Have the switch on truck,but i take the pressure tube off and blow back into tub and works ok.Last time a did it 8 months ago i put some electrical tape on the switch that as opening in and you could see the board inside and this has not happen again.I have notice if you do a hot wash water vapor is raising from tub right by that switch.

my MVWC6ESWW1 with soggy clothes got a new Automatic temperature control and Load Size Sensing Switch

W10248240 from RepairClinic Item #1549115    (OEM Part) $80.10

and now works great!  my old part was rev c and new part is revision  G. 

the miniature pressure switch and miniature relay with a multiple chipped circuit board are all inside that one old part, W10248240.  see for yourself with a flat screwdriver free the 4 tabs holding the old part's plastic case together.  show yourself and your customer why the part is valuable.  and if the 115 degrees of diluted hot energy saver water isn't hot enough i was thinking about feeding hot into both the hot and cold inlets to yield wash water and rinse water at the temperature of your water heater.       

That's a pressure transducer in there, not a simple switch as in models without load sensing. It very accurately measures the tub water level. Let us know how that works out. Hopefully, the electronics won't shut the water off completely if it doesn't sense the water temp coming down.

Eric