Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Washer FWS933F

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 keryswmn

keryswmn

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

I have a Frigidaire top loading washer that is less than a month old and I am waiting for the people I bought it from to come and replace the lid safety switch. It has been out for 2 days now and they can't get here till Monday to fix it. I need to do laundry NOW however and I know these switches can be bypassed but there are 5 wires going into it. Anyone know an easy way to bypass this just until they get here with the new one??

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:58 PM

Don't bypass the lid lock switch on your washer.

You might void your warranty.

I think I am speaking for everyone on this board as well as the Samurai, but we aren't going to tell you how to bypass a safety device. We don't want anybody to get injured and we don't want to open ourselves up to a lawsuit.
Scott Wolf

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

I am waiting for the people I bought it from to come and replace the lid safety switch. they can't get here till Monday to fix it.

How do we know they're gonna replace the lid switch? That lock also contains a bi-metal to the motor, wrong procedure and it's BOOM !!
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics