Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Mike Quante

Dryer won't turn on? "sadness" !!

5 posts in this topic

Good Morning!!  The drum moves freely and I do not smell any problem with the motor. When I push the on button nothing happens. I pulled the blower housing cover and cleaned all the lint etc... out. I started messing around with it and discovered that after pushing the on button and then turning the cycle dial that when I get to the last 10 minutes of the "timed dry" cycle that the dryer comes on and starts running normal. When I turned the dial thru the other cycles it does not do anything.:? When I push the on button again it must be in the off position because the last part of timed dry does not work. When I push it again it must be turning the machine back onn because when I turn the dial to the last part of the timed cycle it starts the machine again. Any help is MOST APPRECIATED !! :D

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Kenmore 90 series Dryer mod# 110.96590100

Almost sounds like a bad timer, not giving vlotage to the motor except in limited parts of the cycles....

Is there a simple test on the timer to determine if that is the problem? What do you suggest I do at this point ? Do you know where the best breakdown of the inside of my machine or manual is located in this site ? ;)  Thanks, Mike

Get a volt stick and see when you are losing voltage to the motor out of the timer...will get a breakdown site shortly..

This is a Whirlpool dryer made for Sears, click around in here to see the various sections of your dryer...