Mike Quante

Dryer won't turn on? "sadness" !!

5 posts in this topic

Good Morning!!  The drum moves freely and I do not smell any problem with the motor. When I push the on button nothing happens. I pulled the blower housing cover and cleaned all the lint etc... out. I started messing around with it and discovered that after pushing the on button and then turning the cycle dial that when I get to the last 10 minutes of the "timed dry" cycle that the dryer comes on and starts running normal. When I turned the dial thru the other cycles it does not do anything.:? When I push the on button again it must be in the off position because the last part of timed dry does not work. When I push it again it must be turning the machine back onn because when I turn the dial to the last part of the timed cycle it starts the machine again. Any help is MOST APPRECIATED !! :D

Kenmore 90 series Dryer mod# 110.96590100

Almost sounds like a bad timer, not giving vlotage to the motor except in limited parts of the cycles....

Is there a simple test on the timer to determine if that is the problem? What do you suggest I do at this point ? Do you know where the best breakdown of the inside of my machine or manual is located in this site ? ;)  Thanks, Mike

Get a volt stick and see when you are losing voltage to the motor out of the timer...will get a breakdown site shortly..

This is a Whirlpool dryer made for Sears, click around in here to see the various sections of your dryer...