Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest bkman

maytag washer mah4000aww cycles advancing too quick

2 posts in this topic

On this maytag washer,  I have replaced the two switches as well as the wax motor.  r11 was burnt and so I had somebody repair it.  The problem now is that the cycles advance too quickly.  I didn't see the high speed cylce engage either.  I can hear the timer move rapidly.  any thoughts?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You might of miss wired your board. The line relay in the right had corner of the board has a black and a gray wire on it. The Black wire should go to the Common (COM) of the relay and the Gray to the Normally Open (NO) terminal. It is written in small raised letters on the relay. I believe the Black wire should be on top but you would want to go by the markings on the relay. If you reverse them you are feeding L1 directly into the board circuitry which can cause what you are seeing. Hopefully you did not damage the board or the timer. The timer should only get a 10-15 second pulse of L1 to it at any time. You have been directly powering it 100% of the time if you are miss wired. It will not spin when this is done because the rapid advancement turns the machine off prior to it getting a chance to spin. If you have a burnt R52 (lower left on your board), you will have to replace the board again and the timer.