Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Wiring Diagram needed for Part # 8299649

-=Xploitz=-

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for part number 8299649? Its a Whirlpool Direct drive washing machine motor. I'm using it for a home project...a ball mill. :)

I'm trying to wire it directly to AC current to get it to spin on the max rated 1725 RPM's.

So far I have "played" with it and figured out that the white and yellow go to the "common side" of my wall outlet...and I believe that the red from the capacitor and the blue connect to the "hot side" of my wall outlet, and the green with yellow is my ground.

I thought this would give me my max of 1725 RPM's...but no matter what wires I try..they all seem to be "stuck" on slow speeds.

Any help with the wiring diagram would be MOST helpful, or any suggestions are also welcomed.

Its part number 8299649

E113 Model # C68PXTDR-4559

Found here>>>

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor/8299649/779499

Some pics of my motor and wiring harnesses.>>>>

MFG STICKER>>>

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/mfgsticker.jpg

Main wiring Harness>>>

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/directharness.jpg

Secondary wiring harness>>>

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/molex.jpg

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -=Xploitz=-

• RegUS_PatOff

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Samurai

Grand Master Reg helped someone adapt this motor in this topic ==>

Might be some goodies there.

lol. Already ahead of you Samurai. I looked that one over 30 minutes before I posted this and thats the topic that got me this far..lol lol.

Yes, they appear to be very similar, however, I cannot get the capacitor to "start" the motor. (I have to prime it by hand to get her going)...Nor can I seem to find the fastest speed wiring. All the wires I try to tie together all seem to be the same speed.

Also, concerning the start capacitor,....I have a electronic volt / ohm meter....first I tried to discharge and current stored up (it didnt do the typical spark snap sound im accustomed to hearing), and I put my leads to it. It went to 0.0000 ohms to open and then when switched went from 35.000 ohms and steadily fell. Im assuming this is a good capacitor??

Its like its stuck on slow speed only no matter what wiring combo I try. :(

Edited by -=Xploitz=-

that's an odd Motor ...

got any other Motor to use instead ?

Yes, I have another, but it doesn't have a start capacitor on it...but, I can get it to run on full speed no problems.

Only problem I would face switching motors is that I've already mounted this accursed motor with wood glue, metal tie-downs, drilling (precise holes)etc.. lol Nothing would line up! :(

Wasn't sure if I could just wire in a start capacitor on a motor that doesn't have one or not. I do refrigeration for a living....not washing machines and driers. :P These motors are a mystery to me.

not all motor use Start Capacitors . . .

Is it SAFE to try to wire in a start capacitor to another motor of similar h/p that didn't have a start capacitor?? I don't know...just asking before I try it and possibly end up killing myself.

That would be a lesson I'd unfortunately get to learn for a split nanosecond and then forget it forever. :nuke:

The convenience of not having to start the damn thing by hand is why I mounted it over the other one I have.

Edited by -=Xploitz=-

Not all Motors use Start Capacitors...

Do you have a Motor part number ?

Its a GE motor

5KH42DT74S

115 60HZ 8.0A 1725RPM 450M B3

PCB 103B INS CL B 40C AMB

Has 5 wires coming out of the motors windings itself. >>>>

Orange, Yellow, White, Black, and a old blue colored wire...kinda like the colors blue and gray mixed together for the 5th wire

Edited by -=Xploitz=-

Its a GE motor

5KH42DT74S

such "old" Motors . . .

here's the info for the first Motor.

Motor uses a Capacitor and a "Motor Start Module" :kopkrab:

Tech Sheet - 3954051.pdf

Odd, it directed me to mediafire, then to another site. I couldn't download the pdf.

***edit***

Now all of the sudden I can download it. <<<weird>>>

Edited by -=Xploitz=-

Well, I saved the motor start module as well, and still even with the tech sheet you provided, I cannot figure out how to wire this beast together to get it to do both (1.) Starting on its own without me physically spinning it once it "hums". (2) Get it on high speed only (1725 RPM's)

Nightmare of a motor this one is. :wallbash:

This on the GE "older" motor with 5 wires coming out of the windings>>>>>

Without a wiring diagram, I got it to start, but not on its own...I had to prime it by hand when the motor energized to get her to run. Here's how I set up the wires>>>>

Again, this was with "blind luck" and very little electrical knowledge.

White and yellow were twisted and capped off together

Orange went to the hot side on my ac outlet

Blue went to my "neutral" side on my ac outlet

Black wire was capped off

I always assumed that black was the hot though?