Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Miele G2470 inlet / drain light

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 emdoller

emdoller

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

My Miele 2470 dishwasher will start beeping about 15-20 seconds after I start a cycle and will beep. There is no error code displayed but the inlet / drain light is flashing red and beeping. I followed all the cleaning instructions in the manual and it did not solve the problem. I cleaned the water inlet filter and that did nothing. I also poured two large cups of water into the dishwasher to see if the dishwasher was pumping the water into my garbage disposal and it did.

I called Miele and they ran me through the list of things I had already tried and told me to call a repair man. The repair man can't come for a week and wants $185 just to come out.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks - Ed

Edited by emdoller, 15 July 2011 - 06:35 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

Are you able to extract a fail code, or further analysis using the pearls of wisdom that Master Reg has anointed you with ?
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 emdoller

emdoller

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I entered the test mode and there are no errors logged so I'm still confused. I poured a pitcher of water into it and then turned it on to see if it would empty the water as soon as I started it and it did so I'm assuming there may be something wrong with whatever comes next which I would imagine is getting water into the machine. I did check the filter on the inlet and it was fine. So I'm not sure what to do at this point...

Ed

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

Start the machine and note what occurs and when it fails, while in failure - code can be extracted
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 emdoller

emdoller

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

Start the machine and note what occurs and when it fails, while in failure - code can be extracted

When I start the machine it pumps the water that's left on the bottom out. Then is sounds like it's trying to start up and then the machine beeps and the inlet / drain light flashes red. As far as I can tell the only way to get the code is to go into service mode and when I do that I get F0 which means there are no errors. I can't run the machine in service mode as far as I can tell so I'm not sure when you say "while in failure - code can be extracted because I can't get into the serivce mode without pushing to off button once it goes into failure (hope that's not too confusing)

Ed

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

P/M'd service modes, when you start a cycle you should hear water begin to fill once the initial pump out is complete, if not - start by ensuring water is available

#7 emdoller

emdoller

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

Thanks. I tried several of the test modes and none of them had water getting in. There must be something wrong with whatever lets the water into the dishwasher. No codes are being shown. It's like there's no water but I know the water is hooked up

Ed

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

I know the water is hooked up

Yes, but to what ? There needs to be full pressure there and no blockages in the screen

See the manual for testing the "water proof"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics