Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

F-1 code on kitchen aid double oven...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Aram

Aram

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:17 AM

Hi folks:

I an electronics engineer, and want to repair my oven PCB panel. I am getting an F-1 code (model #KEBS208BWH2). I think it is eiher a chip or a transistor that I may have. Most people just change the PCB, but I have the skills to repair it, depending on the electronic component that's bad. The controls for the lower oven is the problem. Anybody have a service manual or schematic for the PCB?

Thanks!

Aram:)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:28 AM

F1 might be a bad sensor.

#3 Aram

Aram

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:58 AM

Okay....So where would one go to actually find out?

Thanks!

Aram

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:52 AM

How 'bout just checking the sensor to see if it's bad?  :beating:

#5 Aram

Aram

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:20 AM

Well...I guess that would work if it were blown open assuming F-1 means temp sensor. I am assuming it is a thermistor of about 1.2-3K ohms. If it were out of spec, it might also show an F-1. I don't know what the resistance should actually be.

Do you think I can check it in the oven or do have to go to the PCB side (which is a pain).

Opinions oh great Samurai???

Aram

#6 The Seven

The Seven

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:41 PM

You need to disconnect the oven sensor and measure its resistance at room temperature. Tell Sumurai the measured value and he will advise you.
The Seven

#7 Aram

Aram

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:51 PM

Great! Give me a day or two... I'll be back..

grasshopper

#8 iceman

iceman

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:49 PM

Hey Aram, here is a handy safety tip:  On this board, stuff in bold contains links whick more often than not bring satori.  Read the posts above over again...and marvel.

Regards,

iceman

#9 Aram

Aram

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:11 AM

Good Morning Master!

Well I located the cheat sheet that I had on file and and F-1 means its the control board. An F-3 is the temp sensor. Now that I am on the right track, I need to troubleshoot the PCB at board level. I think I have the IC's. A rebuilt board is about $200. I'll try to repair it first. I am pretty confident.

Aram

#10 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:41 AM

Hello, my confident friend.  Let me be the first to congratulate you on what it sure to be a stunning victory over the infidel forces of entropy that continually assault our appliances.  Please, post photographs of your battle and glorious handiwork, along with the tech sheet for your oven so that we may all stand together in awe at your formidable repairing prowess.

Allahu Akbar!

#11 The Seven

The Seven

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:41 AM

Hi, Electronics engineer, we greatly respect your knowledge of how to re-solder an IC. You may have the right code.

But don't put all your trust in the codes as you know they could be also wrong. Use them as a guide for diagnosis and repair.

Why not make sure that the sensor is OK before proceeding re-soldering?

The Seven.

p.s. I soldered my first tube-radio/amplifier before the advent of ICs.

The Seven

#12 Aram

Aram

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:28 AM

Well Folks:

I looks like both sensors are good, approximately 1k ohm. Replaced several ic's check resistors and diodes with no luck. It could be the main uC(that's a specifically programmed in house part). I think I have to throw in the towell at this point and replace the whole board. OUCH!

I know the actual board is manufactured by a company called Appliance Control Technologies, but I could not find a phone number for them to try to get a schematic.

Aram

Thanks... everyone:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics