Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire, dishwasher, FDBB2040FC1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tsuriman

Tsuriman

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

Greetings venerable ones.

The dishwasher leaks from the front corners about 15 minutes into the cycle, I am guessing when washing starts. It overflows at the corners in surges (sprays?) of water overloading the corners and spilling on to the new hardwood floors.

Deduced from wisdom already discussed, I think have narrowed it down to 2 possible problems. The front door seal or the split sprayer arm directing water onto the same seal. The pic is off what looks like might be a split on the sprayer arm but during the "hose test" water sprayed from all the appropriate places and not the seam.
The reason I checked the sprayer is because when I removed the seal it "looked" fine. This is the gasket listed for this model but mine also has little plastic tabs attached to the ends.

Thoughts?

ps "hose test" happened in the backyard, garden hose flowing full bore into the sprayer arm.

Posted Image

Edited by Tsuriman, 16 July 2011 - 01:28 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

P/M'd you the bulletin
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Tsuriman

Tsuriman

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

P/M'd you the bulletin

Next time I search any problems with my Frigidaires I will throw "Friggy" in the search :-)

After reading I might be able to get away with an adjustment of the seal as I think it got knocked out of whack, but I went ahead and ordered the new seals for longevity. Plus, I know you guys need beer money :-P
DOMO ARIGATOU! As always, much appreciated.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

:pint1:
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:51 AM

Don't know what bulletin was PM'ed but here's one solution to that problem.

Frigidaire D/W lower door gasket leak guards
WCI 154701001 Splash shield kit
http://www.repaircli...4701001/1465007

The lower door seal strip is most likely OK and not the problem, I just had a three year old one of these Friggy D/W doing the same thing and this was the first time I've used this splash guard kit, it took care of the problem.

Also make sure the D/W is mounted level or even just a slight bit higher in front then back to make sure the water isn't pooling up to high in the front causing the surges in the corners.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

Don't know what bulletin was PM'ed

P/M'd to Willie

#7 Tsuriman

Tsuriman

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:14 AM

First run was dry! Thank you :beermug:

FYI the main seal was to be marked at 3/8" from the bottom, mine barely stuck out 1/4", couldnt get it to grab. Anyway, with the front cover off I could see it was a pretty good seal. The side seals are a snap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics