Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tsuriman

Frigidaire, dishwasher, FDBB2040FC1

7 posts in this topic

Greetings venerable ones.

The dishwasher leaks from the front corners about 15 minutes into the cycle, I am guessing when washing starts. It overflows at the corners in surges (sprays?) of water overloading the corners and spilling on to the new hardwood floors.

Deduced from wisdom already discussed, I think have narrowed it down to 2 possible problems. The front door seal or the split sprayer arm directing water onto the same seal. The pic is off what looks like might be a split on the sprayer arm but during the "hose test" water sprayed from all the appropriate places and not the seam.

The reason I checked the sprayer is because when I removed the seal it "looked" fine. This is the gasket listed for this model but mine also has little plastic tabs attached to the ends.

Thoughts?

ps "hose test" happened in the backyard, garden hose flowing full bore into the sprayer arm.

IMG_2482.jpg

Edited by Tsuriman

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

P/M'd you the bulletin

P/M'd you the bulletin

Next time I search any problems with my Frigidaires I will throw "Friggy" in the search :-)

After reading I might be able to get away with an adjustment of the seal as I think it got knocked out of whack, but I went ahead and ordered the new seals for longevity. Plus, I know you guys need beer money :-P

DOMO ARIGATOU! As always, much appreciated.

:pint1:

Don't know what bulletin was PM'ed but here's one solution to that problem.

Frigidaire D/W lower door gasket leak guards

WCI 154701001 Splash shield kit

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gasket-or-Seal/154701001/1465007

The lower door seal strip is most likely OK and not the problem, I just had a three year old one of these Friggy D/W doing the same thing and this was the first time I've used this splash guard kit, it took care of the problem.

Also make sure the D/W is mounted level or even just a slight bit higher in front then back to make sure the water isn't pooling up to high in the front causing the surges in the corners.

Don't know what bulletin was PM'ed

P/M'd to Willie

First run was dry! Thank you :beermug:

FYI the main seal was to be marked at 3/8" from the bottom, mine barely stuck out 1/4", couldnt get it to grab. Anyway, with the front cover off I could see it was a pretty good seal. The side seals are a snap.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0