Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

dbiberdorf

Amana dishwasher ADB1600AWD1 won't run

3 posts in this topic

Gee. I come to town, and everyone's appliances die. :blink: Next time, I'll stay home.

This time it's an Amana dishwasher, ADB1600AWD1.

The clean light is flashing continuously, pressing Start/Resume does nothing and its LED flashes 3 times after you press the button.

This post for a Kenmore likely made by Maytag/Whirlpool (confirm?) points to motor/heater problems.

Anyone have a service manual or pointers to share?

FrB

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

PROBLEM: Won’t Start and Start/Resume Key LED Flashes 3 Times When Start/Resume Key is Pressed

Control programmed to not start if it suspects door switch is stuck closed.

Control looks for switch to open between cycles.

Customer didn’t open door between cycles.

Door switch contacts stuck closed.

1. Open and close door and then press Start/Resume key. Instruct customer.

2. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.

3. Measure resistance of door switch contacts while checking mechanical operation of latch assembly.

Tech Sheet - W10142800.pdf

link PM'd

Well, I had to leave town before fixing sister-in-law's dishwasher. This is a tragedy for her, so she called the repairman.

She said he hooked up some kind of "code reader" to the machine (you can do that with a low-end Amana dishwasher?). His verdict: pump needs replacement, at a cost of $250. Since she paid $250 for the dishwasher, you can imagine her decision. She's now looking at an LG dishwasher.

My question: is that pump truly the likely cause of this problem?