Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Deluxe Stove Range, Model RDG-35P

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Soulenoid

Soulenoid

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Hale's Ale

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

I'm trying to find the correct replacement 6-inch surface element (if there are any around still) for a somewhat old (mid 70's?) Frigidaire Deluxe stove range. (This stove was built when Frigidaire was still part of General Motors.) The stove model number is RDG-35P (SN: 75C19630) but when I try to look up that model number none of the databases have any record of that model number which makes it really hard to find the right part number for the surface burner element. The surface elements are the monotube design and I have found some available online but the part number on my current heating elements is also not found in any parts database which is making this project a bit frustrating because I can't match the old part with the new replacement parts numbers. I know that there are two types of monotube elements, the 2 wire and 3 wire kind. I see 2 wires going into the element I need to replace but I'm really not sure if the ones I've seen online are the correct replacement or not. The part number from my element is either 526844 or 7526844 and it's a 6-inch size burner. There are several watt and volt indications on it also, I see 975w/208v, 1450/236 and 1625/250. The 2 wire "speed heat" replacement element I see online is rated at 1400/125 so I'm not so sure that's the right replacement part even though it looks the same. I guess if I can't find a replacement I can swap the bad element with a good one from one of the other burners that I don't use very often, like the one from the back right side which has the same part number.
Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

If you do swap elements around make sure one of the 6" elements on your range is NOT the speedheat element. If you put the speedheat element in place of one of the regular elements you will burn it out very quickly. If yours has a speedheat element generally it will be located in the Front/Left position.

The speedheat is a 125 volt element as you see in the rating specs for the element you found. It has a special control switch that sends 240/250 volts to the element for a short period of time so that it heats up almost instantly then switches down to the rated 120/125 volts and cycles on/off at 120/125 volts to hold its temp.

The last good part# for the element you need is 5306590804 which you will find in the link that Samurai posted for you, but NO LONGER AVAILABLE @ RepairClinic.

Here are some old part#'s that you could use to try and find an old one sitting in stock on someones shelf: (TK804, TSM804, SU101 these three would be aftermarket parts), (6591937, 6590804 both real old part#'s) and the current good number 5306590804.

Here's one place that list a SU101 but shows none in stock and special order, most likely they are going to tell you it's no longer available.
http://www.a-1applia...t/GEM5306590804
RepairClinc's Aftermarket SU101 shows out of stock and ships in 7-14 days but will probably find NLA also.
http://www.repaircli...it/SU101/238174

Better chance of this one actually being available but you have to create an account to find out, (this is old stock sitting on shelves collection dust):
http://www.mypartshe...earch For Parts
Looks like the $50 one is used(listed under salvage price column), the $34.13 would probably be new.

And one used one on ebay for $60.00 FREE shipping
http://cgi.e bay.com/5306590804-6-inch-monotube-burner-electrolux-rare-/270695835245?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f06baa66d

I might have a used one in my parts shed but would have to look tomorrow, the ones I have in the house are the 3 wire style and one of the 6" 125 volt speedheat elements.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 21 July 2011 - 07:13 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 Soulenoid

Soulenoid

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for the extra info! The one listed on MyPartsShelf is no longer available, the vendor just hadn't updated that yet. So far I have not found any old stock of the 6-inch burner (5306590804) but I did find a place with the 8-inch (5306590805) which I might replace before it breaks since it is starting to get a few bumps on it. The search continues. I didn't realize these were so hard to find. I may just get a new stove but this one is in extremely good condition still which is why I'd prefer repairing it. Did you happen to find any used ones in your shed? OK, thanks.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

for reference
(but not available)

6" MonoTube Element

Posted Image

8" MonoTube Element

Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

Forgot to check if I had one or not, didn't see any feedback from you either so didn't know if you were even interested.

You say the one at MyPartShelf was gone, were both of them gone? There are two listed and both appear to be from different people as one is located in North Dakota and the other in NC(?North Carolina).

Did you see the used on on Ebay? It's still there and the price is now $45 with FREE shipping.
You have to take the space out of the link I posted, between the "E" and "B"(e bay).

I made a note to remember to check if I have a used one or not, (If I do I would want at the very least $30 + my actual shipping charges.

UPDATE
Sunday July 24, 2010 4:18AM PST --- Do not have a used one like you need, (I Do have a three wire 6" Mono-tube 1450 Watt/236 Volt element - maybe a three wire would work for you if you connected two of the three together then connected your two wires to the one free terminal the other to the two terminals that are bridged together.)

I don't know the wiring for these 3 wire elements, I pulled these from a unit at the scrapyard. The three connections are marked Blue, Red, Black in that order looking at the element from the bottom.

Edited by Budget Appliance Repair, 24 July 2011 - 06:29 AM.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#6 Soulenoid

Soulenoid

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

The other one on MyPartsShelf was salvage and it's really hard to know how much wear is on it and how much life it would have so I didn't bother asking about it. There's also another one on eBay but the surface is not smooth so it may not last much longer either. Apparently they replaced the entire cooktop on their stove. I didn't realize you could do that and I don't know what they replaced it with, certainly not one with monotube burners. Anyhow, I'll just keep on the lookout for an unused old stock item. And by the way, the photos that are posted above are some really nice monotubes! Do you own those or are they part of the special collection at the Monotube Museum of Modern Art in Ohio? ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics