Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moff

Kenmore 80 Series Washer, #110.26842692

10 posts in this topic

My washer has been having an issue draining this past week. Sometimes I could open and close the lid, then it would drain and move on in the cycle. Other times I had to move the timer a little manually, then it would cycle. Other times it worked just fine. But now it would do any of that. AND the little button that the peg pushes down when you close the lid completely fell off. I don't know for sure if that is the entire issue, or part of the issue. But even now when I click the button together (as if to engage with the peg in the lid) with my fingers, the washer does not drain. No matter where I move the timer dial, it will not drain.

Any ideas what is up with my washer and whether it is even worth fixing on a machine that is 12 years old?

Thanks a load!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Does it Agitate OK ?

Does it Spin OK ?

I can't find the wiring diagram for that model

unless you have one you could scan & upload somewhere.

It agitates. I can't get it to spin either, but I'm assuming that is because it wont drain. I may have a wiring diagram, I saw something like that with the manual. I can look in a little bit.

Nope, never mind about the wiring guide. It's just a repair parts list. And now I know the name of the thing that fell off is call a lid switch. My wonder is if the wiring is damaged with that??? But then again, I know nothing. That definitely came unscrewed though and is just lying under the top cover of the washer, next to the basket, kinda hanging out there...not working.

Yep if your lid switch has fallen its the culprit.

Lid Switch Link

00680438.jpg

Repair video at the bottom of the parts page.

Even before the lid switch fell off, it wasn't responding properly. So should I assume the switch is bad and replace it? Would that make sense with the way I was turning the timer/setting dial and sometimes getting it to work before today? As in, the switch was failing, but if I moved the dial it would trigger? And now that it has failed completely, even moving the dial does nothing? I guess I don't know how the two work together, and I'm wondering if there is a further problem with the timer/setting dial as well.

Thank you SO much for the part link and video. I watched it and that seems completely doable!

... wondering if there is a further problem with the timer/setting dial as well.

don't know till we get the Lid Switch working ...

I feel pretty confident that you just have a bad lid switch.

To test that theory if you would like......

the end that use to be attached with screws you can just cut the wires and splice

them together and run a cycle....that will bypass the lid switch.....shouldnt

leave it like that permenantly....its a safety device.

Forever grateful! You just saved us well over a hundred bucks!

The switch works now with the way my husband rigged it, thanks fully to your tips and video. We are ordering the part tonight. Thanks a million, I heart Appliantology! (Last time you guys helped me it was for my dishwasher, on Appliance Guru. You all are so awesome!)

We aim to please Madam :thumbsup:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0