Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Lennox G20

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lakshman

lakshman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

The fuse keeps blowing out when I turn on the AC. The furnace works well if I ask for heat. I looked for shorts and was not able to find any. I also investigated if there were shorts on the external unit - everything there is OK. What are my options?

Thanks,

-Luke

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

Critter chewed the thermostat wires maybe, Weedeater got to the wires maybe.

Edited by applianceman18007260692, 26 July 2011 - 02:05 PM.

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#3 lakshman

lakshman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

Not really - those wires look clean and the terminals are connected. I do not see any issues at that end.

#4 ACtechGUY

ACtechGUY

HAKUNA MATATA!!

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:MMMM..ANY....BEEEER....

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

I agree with the weedeater or critter. here is how you check the wire going outside. You have a dead sgort(wire to wire) or a short to ground.
disconnect the 2 wire at the furnace and at the condenser leave them hanging in the air. Take an OHM reading between the 2 wires . you should get no resisatance of any kind . then check each wire to a good ground. again you should get nothing . Tie one end of the wires together. take a reading . it should be very low resistance (less than 10) .

If those check out then the problem is in the condenser most likely.

Check for resistance to ground on the wires going into the condenser control circuit . there should be none.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics