Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher and Paykel Oven OD302 OD302M

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 katehelen

katehelen

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

My children were cooking, said that the top oven sparked and then stopped. It works, but it heats up slowly. Early on, while under warranty, the motherboard had to be replaced, or that is what the repairman said, because it heated very, very slowly, like an hour to get to 350. Additionally, when the oven is initially heating up, it is very noisy, but once it is warmed up, it cooks quietly. Finally, the rubber on both of my temperature probes seemed to shrink, and I will replace them, but is this a common problem so that I will be replacing them again and again? Thank you.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:33 PM

P/M'd service manual
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

most likely is the fan forced element has burnt out

unfort you do need to remove the oven to change the element as the wires are not long enough to do it from the inside of the oven

#4 katehelen

katehelen

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

I saw the repair guy remove my oven once before, he had something that he had made that the oven sat on while it was being worked on. I think I could probably make a box like that then pull the oven out and put it on it. Thanks for the information.

#5 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:14 AM

i usually use milk crates

the cable is usually long enough to pull it out and sit it down

remove the door and racks as there is about 20 kg in that stuff

#6 katehelen

katehelen

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

Replaced the fan element in the oven (yes, I know it has taken several months to get around to it). Now the element is on full time and will not shut off when I shut off the oven. (BTW, you hit the nail on the head with the idea that it was the fan element that busted. It had a hole in it when I finally pulled it out. We are reading the manual right now, but thought I would ask you if I did something obvious wrong.

#7 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

sounds like the element is partially shorted to ground...or either you have a bad controller. first check to ensure that the element is installed correctly and not touching anything it shouldn't.
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics