Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Replaced Drain Pump and LG Tromm still not drain at end of cycle

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fredly

Fredly

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

I have an LG washer, that started getting an OE error mid-cycle (I am aware this is a Drain Error)

I ordered and replace the defective drainage pump, but although the washer NOW drains mid cycle (which it didn;t before), it does not drain at the end of the cycle (leaving the clothes wet at the end of the cycle)

There are two pumps in the LG, 1 above (80W, which is the drainage I believe) and 1 below (30W, which is the recirculation I believe) the drainage assembly. I replaced the one above, but am wondering if the one below is also defective as the washer drains mid-cycle but not at the end of the cycle OR did I accidently put the AC wire back in correctly.

Thoughts/suggestions/next steps?

Thanx much for your input, Fred

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

<<<it does not drain at the end of the cycle (leaving the clothes wet at the end of the cycle>>>

Is the ***correct*** type & amount of detergent being used?

If NOT:

Suds will cause slower SPIN SPEEDS---resulting in wet laundry at the end of the cycle.
Water will still drain-out but the laundry will not be spin-dried sufficiently---which causes the dryer to need a much longer period to dry the laundry.

<<<There are two pumps in the LG>>>

Yes---if facing the front of the washer---the left side is the DRAIN MOTOR & the right side is the RECIRCULATION MOTOR.
It's important to replace the DRAIN MOTOR with the *correct* one.

(NOTE: Not alL LG washers have a RECIRCULATION MOTOR)

<<<did I accidently put the AC wire back in correctly.>>>

Install the PUMP MOTOR wires incorrectly? No---the two wires to the PUMP MOTOR can be installed either way.

<<<Thoughts/suggestions/next steps?>>>

Verify that the water is draining full force---not a trickle.
If not draining normally---may have a partial blockage in the *white plastic gooseneck* on the DRAIN HOSE.
This is located at the left/rear corner of the washer---the top cover must be removed to gain access.
Using compressed air to clear a blockage is best.
Remove the DRAIN HOSE at the PUMP HOUSING & insert the compressed air nozzle into the DRAIN HOSE---be sure to **plug** the small black tubing which runs/routes from the GOOSENECK to the TUB ASSY to prevent pressure-loss.
Using compressed air in this manner---will allow blasting out debris into/down the drain standpipe or utilitub.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics