Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fredly

Replaced Drain Pump and LG Tromm still not drain at end of cycle

2 posts in this topic

I have an LG washer, that started getting an OE error mid-cycle (I am aware this is a Drain Error)

I ordered and replace the defective drainage pump, but although the washer NOW drains mid cycle (which it didn;t before), it does not drain at the end of the cycle (leaving the clothes wet at the end of the cycle)

There are two pumps in the LG, 1 above (80W, which is the drainage I believe) and 1 below (30W, which is the recirculation I believe) the drainage assembly. I replaced the one above, but am wondering if the one below is also defective as the washer drains mid-cycle but not at the end of the cycle OR did I accidently put the AC wire back in correctly.

Thoughts/suggestions/next steps?

Thanx much for your input, Fred

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

<<<it does not drain at the end of the cycle (leaving the clothes wet at the end of the cycle>>>

Is the ***correct*** type & amount of detergent being used?

If NOT:

Suds will cause slower SPIN SPEEDS---resulting in wet laundry at the end of the cycle.
Water will still drain-out but the laundry will not be spin-dried sufficiently---which causes the dryer to need a much longer period to dry the laundry.

<<<There are two pumps in the LG>>>

Yes---if facing the front of the washer---the left side is the DRAIN MOTOR & the right side is the RECIRCULATION MOTOR.
It's important to replace the DRAIN MOTOR with the *correct* one.

(NOTE: Not alL LG washers have a RECIRCULATION MOTOR)

<<<did I accidently put the AC wire back in correctly.>>>

Install the PUMP MOTOR wires incorrectly? No---the two wires to the PUMP MOTOR can be installed either way.

<<<Thoughts/suggestions/next steps?>>>

Verify that the water is draining full force---not a trickle.
If not draining normally---may have a partial blockage in the *white plastic gooseneck* on the DRAIN HOSE.
This is located at the left/rear corner of the washer---the top cover must be removed to gain access.
Using compressed air to clear a blockage is best.
Remove the DRAIN HOSE at the PUMP HOUSING & insert the compressed air nozzle into the DRAIN HOSE---be sure to **plug** the small black tubing which runs/routes from the GOOSENECK to the TUB ASSY to prevent pressure-loss.
Using compressed air in this manner---will allow blasting out debris into/down the drain standpipe or utilitub.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0