Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fixandsave

Dishwasher Miele Incognito G843

8 posts in this topic

The Intake/Drain indicator flashes and the dishwasher stops working. Water stays in the dishwasher. The manual suggests cleaning the drain pump. This is where I need help.

I tilted the clocking clamp to the side but cannot pull out the non-return valve to get to the drain pump. We have hard water - perhaps this has something to do with difficulty in pulling out the valve.

Any suggestions?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Could be a bad pump or something jammed under impeller (broken glass?? - careful), P/M'd manual and service modes; let us know what you find ...

I need suggestions on how to pull out the return valve. Seems stuck due to hard water deposits.

Please see page 51 on this operating manual.

Operating Manual

You can pop it out by prying it with a screwdriver (gently, of course)

Return valve is stubborn. Any other suggestions? I suspect water deposits caused it to be stuck. Has anyone had similar issues before?

If you think it is stuck there you could pour some white vinegar into it and allow some contact time to help dissolve

Another option is to slide unit out and set it on it's side (anti drain valve side up) - remove bottom cover and drain pump and see what's going on from the other side

I finally got out the return valve and made sure nothing is stuck. I even disconnected the end of the hose that goes into the sink, had a wet vac suck the remaining water from the dishwasher. No clogs.

I ran the dishwasher again. I can hear the water fill. Once done, it goes silent. No swishing water. After about a couple of minutes from when I started the dishwasher, the light flashes (Intake/Drain) flashes again.

How can I trouble shoot this Miele machine?

Help!

Sounds like the circulation pump has stuck on you - P/M'd you the manual, read the section on unjamming the circ pump

Here's some FYI reading for ya:

http://appliantology...__1#entry204128

http://appliantology.org/topic/29723-miele-g851-dishwasher-drain-error/page__p__188205__hl__%2Bmiele+%2Bdishwasher__fromsearch__1#entry188205

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0