Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Asko T721 dryer service manual

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ipu

ipu

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:19 AM

Asko T721 dryer service manual please. Burning smell. Opened top and back. Belt seems fine. Removed lint from around heating element. Reassembled incorrectly: drum can be turned manually only with effort. Turned motor on just to test, and drum did not budge. Just turning the motor on for a second produced the same burning smell as before. Afterwards, I saw the T720 service manual with instructions to use a "special tool" to fix the drum in place; also saw post in forums about reassembling with dryer face down.

Edited by ipu, 13 August 2011 - 03:20 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

Asko T700 service manual PMed. Posted Image

#3 ipu

ipu

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

かたじけない!

This helped speed up the disassembly. Now I see some rubber had broken off the left roller. Removed loose pieces of rubber from inside the housing. Perhaps one of them had been in contact with the motor, causing the burning smell. Saw a 1cm gap in the front felt seal and guessed it was not critical. Ordered new roller from repairclinic.com Hoping this will solve it, provided I am able to reassemble properly. Not sure what the trick is, other than perhaps to make sure the drum is properly seated on the rollers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics