Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

thetone

Plugged water line in GE TFF24RC refrigerator

4 posts in this topic

I have a GE TFF24RC side by side refrigerator with dual ice and water dispenser on the door, which was the subject of a previous post. I had a broken polyethylene water line which has been fixed. There is still a problem with the water dispenser however. In this model the water line goes from the inlet valve up through the bottom of the refrigerator side, into a reservoir, out through a line going through the bottom of the refrigerator side, then underneath the freezer side, out the bottom, and through a coupler to a line running up the freezer door to the dispenser. When you push the dispenser switch, water flows into and through the reservoir. Somewhere between the reservoir outlet and the coupler to the freezer door line, it is plugged solid. I'm wondering if water could be frozen in the line that runs under the freezer. The line from the coupler to the dispenser flows freely. I have tried blowing compressed air through the plugged portion without success.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This would be very likely, however to thaw this would almost have to turn the frig off and leave the door open to get it melted.

Since getting at that portion of the line looks to be a very difficult job, I think letting it thaw is the logical first step. I'll give it a try.

Yep, it was ice and the thawing cured the plugged line. I turned the freezer one notch warmer to try to prevent it from happening again.