Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Coin operated Fridgadaire FL FCCW3000fs2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light or Vodka

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

This is a problem that has been happening, now and then. Could it be that the start mechanism is not operating correctly all the time?

Any help would be appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

may be a bad Coin Box
134970000.pdf
link PM'd

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:11 AM

This problem can occur in this machine from someone putting coins in and pushing the coin slide in then not pushing the start button to run a load, (why anyone would do that I don't know - maybe they forgot they already put money in?). When the next set of coins is put in and the coin slide pushed it turns the accumulator cam past the start spot on the cam so when start is pushed it won't start.

NOTE: The above is only my theory of what causes this to happen because every time I've had to service one of these machines for this problem, I've just had to flip the lever that the coin slide hits enough times so the wheel is back in the correct starting position and the machine runs fine and don't hear back again.

If you don't open the service access cover to reset the accumulator cam to the correct start spot you would have to put coins in and push the slide 6 or 7 more times to make it work again.

The accumulator cam is made to do this so that you can make the price of a wash more then what one load of coins in the coin slide can take. Say you want a $4.00 wash and you have a vertical 8 coin slide that only goes up to $2.00, you would set the accumulator cam so that you had to load and push the coin slide twice before the start button would activate the machine.

If you look at the accumulator cam on the timer mechanism you will see the ramp that is just before the dip in the cam. The lever that drops down into the dip on the cam should be sitting right at the starting edge of the ramp before the dip when in position for the coin slide to push one time for a wash.

To change how many pushes of the coin slide it takes to start, the ramp part of the cam turns to different numbered settings on the round part of the accumulator wheel with the dip in it. For one load of coins to start, the ramp should be just before the dip, as you turn the ramp further ahead of the dip it takes one extra push for each number moved ahead.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light or Vodka

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

That sounds right. somebody is putting money in and not pushing the start button. Maybe they think if they put more money in it will wash better or longer.
Thank you, Budget Appliance Repair

Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics