Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Miele Coffe Machine CVA 5065 (European Model)

ricob

I have a Miele Coffee machine model CVA 5065 (purchased in England and shipped across the pond) and need to get into the "Service Programing Mode". I have the service manual for the US equivalent "CVA 4066", however the procedure to enter into the service programing mode does not work for the CVA 5065.

If there is any way you could find a service manual for the CVA 5065 or at least the instructions for entering into the service programming mode I would be ecstatic with joy.

Thank you for a great site and service.

Rick B.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ricob

• kdog

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it have the same controls as the CVA4066 ? - may require 220 volts (UK) and may not be readily compatible with 60 Hz, also, the key dance you do to enter service mode on some of them takes some practice - You could call them for some advice/assistance as they are usually very helpful to their consumers

The controls are exactly the same as the CVA4066.

I have called a US repair shop and they are of no help. Next step is to try and call a shop in the UK. Any suggestions on one that might be helpful?

It is 220v 50/60hz. I have had the unit installed and running fine in the US for 3+ years. I just need to get into the service programming mode to reset the brew unit drive motor to home position. For now I have worked around it by tricking the machine into running without the brew unit using magnets to set the component position switches to an installed state and tripping the micro limit switches with tape.

The key press pattern provided in the US model does not work for the UK model. It is this sequence that I need for any future work.

Thank you very much

Rick B.

Edited by ricob