Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Darcon

Mayag Electric Self Cleaning Oven Door Lock

3 posts in this topic

I inherited a Maytag electric stove model # LCRE-700 with Serial # 306534NE Did not inherit any books however.Cleaned the stove today but now the oven door lock will not release. Let it cool down for two hours and still would not release. Any suggestions on how to get the lock to release manually?

Thank you

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thats an old Hardwick made Maytag. Great old unit! I do not have a schematic to help you. If you could post it, would help greatly. IF I remember correctly, it has a solenoid on the right and a bar that goes over to it. You might want to put it back into clean  and try to unlock the door with the tstat and selector switch still set in clean. If I remember correctly, once you turn the selector switch out of bake, you remove power to the door lock switch so you can't unlock it. Put it back into clean and try to unlock it with the selector and tstat still on clean. This is only a glimmer of a memory I am working on here. Schematic would get us to the problem in a minute.     

Thank you for the reply and suggestions. Turning it back on to the clean cycle activated the release and "woolaw" the door could be opened. Really appreciate the availability of this site. Thanks again.