Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Mayag Electric Self Cleaning Oven Door Lock

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Darcon

Darcon

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:47 PM

I inherited a Maytag electric stove model # LCRE-700 with Serial # 306534NE Did not inherit any books however.Cleaned the stove today but now the oven door lock will not release. Let it cool down for two hours and still would not release. Any suggestions on how to get the lock to release manually?

Thank you

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:54 PM

Thats an old Hardwick made Maytag. Great old unit! I do not have a schematic to help you. If you could post it, would help greatly. IF I remember correctly, it has a solenoid on the right and a bar that goes over to it. You might want to put it back into clean  and try to unlock the door with the tstat and selector switch still set in clean. If I remember correctly, once you turn the selector switch out of bake, you remove power to the door lock switch so you can't unlock it. Put it back into clean and try to unlock it with the selector and tstat still on clean. This is only a glimmer of a memory I am working on here. Schematic would get us to the problem in a minute.     
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 Darcon

Darcon

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:13 PM

Thank you for the reply and suggestions. Turning it back on to the clean cycle activated the release and "woolaw" the door could be opened. Really appreciate the availability of this site. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics