Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Ultra Fabric Care Heavy Duty 80 Series washer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grandma'sAppliances

Grandma'sAppliances

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

Hi all, I just joined this forum since I am currently trying to get my 103-yr-old grandmother's house (and appliances) in good order... Her Kenmore Ultra Fabric Care 80 Series washer works fine (I already repaired cycle select knob, if anyone needs help with that... it isn't easy and there is no access from back, don't even bother removing the control panel...), but there is something weird going on with spin cycle. It thumps as if it is "unbalanced" but no matter what I do, and how many clothes I remove, it doesn't spin out right. I noticed there is a small hole in the bottom of the agitator that goes directly down in to the "tumbler" or bowl part of washer. This hole can be matched up (using precision size screwdriver) with a hole in the tumbler. Seems to me there is a screw missing but I can't find an owner's manual online. Does anyone have info about this hole and whether or not that might be the source of the problem? Thanks a bunch and MANY MORE questions to follow... I've got a house full of out-dated appliances, lol! If anyone collects vintage appliances, there are some real beauties here as well, just get in touch.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

model number ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

MANY MORE questions to follow... I've got a house full of out-dated appliances,

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice==> http://appliantology.org/apprentice/
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics